Friendship between an INFJ and INTP | INFJ Forum

Friendship between an INFJ and INTP

juztabro

Dec 9, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Type 4
Does anyone (INFJ) have a friend that is INTP?

My best friend is INTP, and is a mechanical engineer. When we are together it is unlike anything I have with my other friends. We click instantly, and can completely read each other- we can talk in extremely abstract terms and still know where the other is going. It's bizarre and fantastic; I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Maybe I'm just in love :m187:

I've got an INTP friend as well, and I know the feeling. He can be quite enjoyable to be around xD. We do share a lot of the same interests, but we think a lot differently. He wants to know the complexities of how something is done, whereas I want to know why it was done in the first place - process versus reason, if that makes sense. He seems a bit cold an detatched, sometimes even depressed, when it comes to feelings or relationships with people other than me (and a few close others). He's probably one of the smartest people I know of.

The only things we seem to butt heads on is sheer stubbornness. He doesn't quite understand why people go on feeling when it seems so stupid - and he is probably the least romantic person on earth. Hates poetry with a friggen passion xD

Otherwise he's very aggreeable, has probably the best sarcastic humor I've seen, but can come off as a bit snobbish or detatched.

I agree with you, no matter our plans it's always intense. He does frustrate me at times with his lack of emotion; I'm often explaining people's reactions to him. He is also one of the smartest people I know, and the wittiest.

Weird. My besty for life is an INTJ. Other MBTI enthusiasts say that shouldn't work, but somehow it does... And it works marvelously.

My best friend is INTP, and is a mechanical engineer. When we are together it is unlike anything I have with my other friends. We click instantly, and can completely read each other- we can talk in extremely abstract terms and still know where the other is going. It's bizarre and fantastic; I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
INFJ and INTP friendships and romantic matches are very common. They are in some kind of attractive relationship type according to socionics, called Relations of Benefit where INFJ is benefactor to INTP, so the two often experience a pull to each other.

INFJ and INTP friendships and romantic matches are very common. They are in some kind of attractive relationship type according to socionics, called Relations of Benefit where INFJ is benefactor to INTP, so the two often experience a pull to each other.

MBTI and Socionics are quite different. Ergo an MBTI INTP or INFJ may not
be that type in socionics.

INTPs and INFJs generally do get along well, however when and if the INFJ
starts to do that fading in and out flakey friend thing, the INTP will take it very
personally and will not cope well. Prepare to encounter their very emotional
self if this occurs.