FireFox 4 | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

FireFox 4

Love it! Sooooo much faster, at least on my computer.

The first thing I did with my new firefox was to reintroduce the yellow padlock, using an addon:

lock.jpg

The first thing I did with my new firefox was to reintroduce the yellow padlock, using an addon:

lock.jpg

lol you actually don't need that. The address bar will turn either blue or green when your using a SSL connection.

Last edited:
I like some of the new features, however it still runs slower on my computer than Safari, even on a clean install without any extensions. This isn't all that new in my experience, however. I'll continue using Safari as my primary browser and turn to Firefox when I need to use a certain extension :mpoke:

I've been using it for a while. I love its simplicity and it doesn't seem to have any problems. I downloaded the zoom add-on. It saves the fonts for any websites you visit.

I love Firefox, GIMP, FileZilla, Kompozer, and all that other ish. Open-source is so beautiful, its like software made from love.

This might sound crazy but the main reason I like safari over firefox is because 1 I find it more ascetically pleasing and 2 the load bar goes across the place where you type in the web addresses.

Sorry but Safari sucks big fat monkey balls.

:m200: Look now you got the monkey all excited... see what you did. Sorry monkey nobody is sucking your balls today.....:m142:

Reactions: Blind Bandit
They work awesome on macs, but I've heard not such great things about how they work on Non-apple hardware.

At least Safari works on Windows. Microsoft doesn't even bother developing Internet Explorer for Mac anymore, which I can't entirely blame them for not doing. However, it sucked when the store I used to work at switched to OSX for its main OS. It worked great for local stuff, however the timesheet website was designed for Internet Explorer ONLY. We could not get the damn thing to work on any browser in OSX. That's really the only reason I'd like to see some sort of Internet Explorer for OSX, at least when that was a problem. Now that I no longer work for that company, the whole thing is a non-issue.

Last edited:
Sorry but Safari sucks big fat monkey balls.

:m200: Look now you got the monkey all excited... see what you did. Sorry monkey nobody is sucking your balls today.....:m142:

Have you tried it on a macintosh?

I feel that firefox is heavily overrated but that is just my personal opinion. I use what works for me. That being said I'm not a big techie.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Have you tried it on a macintosh?

I feel that firefox is heavily overrated but that is just my personal opinion. I use what works for me. That being said I'm not a big techie.

Yeah I have a Mac. I just don't like safari. It does look cool tho, I agree with you on that.

Lets remember boys this is a FireFox thread. Not a pc vs mac thread.

Lets remember boys this is a FireFox thread. Not a pc vs mac thread.

True, in my effort to get the thread back onto the track of FireFox, I must admit I was excited to see that it (apparently) doesn't crash when one webpage crashes. As far as I understand, it keeps any problems one tab may have restricted to that single tab, which I think is awesome.

Also, here is a fox on fire

FireFox-1280.jpg

I didn't start it. People be talkin' smack yo. :m180:
I know its going to be ok. *raises chloroform covered rag*

Anway back on topic...

Downloaded 4 today, its awesome.

I used to use Firefox, but seems that most pages were starting to load very slowly. I am on a 50 meg connection and clearing the cache and only have 2 or 3 plugins installed did not seem to help. I switched to Google Chrome, and its awesome! speeds are back! and it works well with my droid.