Finding common ground in a debate | INFJ Forum

Finding common ground in a debate

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by dragulagu, Oct 1, 2019.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
More threads by dragulagu
  1. dragulagu

    dragulagu Truth does not change because it is, or is not. 42

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2019
    Threads:
    30
    Messages:
    982
    Featured Threads:
    5
    Likes Received:
    4,672
    Trophy Points:
    997
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Waffleland
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    549
  2. Pin

    Pin "Magnificent Bastard" / Ren's Counterpart

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2017
    Threads:
    0
    Messages:
    7,778
    Likes Received:
    27,550
    Trophy Points:
    2,877
    MBTI:
    ENTJ
    Enneagram:
    3w4, 3-8-7
    I'm learning to compromise because I don't have time to fight small battles.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ny7x

    Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2019
    Threads:
    0
    Messages:
    107
    Likes Received:
    168
    Trophy Points:
    483
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Athens/Greece
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    E2

    but if we don't ever make time, how can we ever have time?

    -Merovingian (Matrix Reloaded)

    Debates (with arguments) are the only way to arrive to truth because of the infinity of lies out there.
    I don't believe in middle grounds.
    Truth is absolute!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    QuietBrave, Sandie33 and Pin like this.
  4. Reason

    Reason Toxic Hate Beast

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2017
    Threads:
    49
    Messages:
    4,879
    Featured Threads:
    32
    Likes Received:
    24,999
    Trophy Points:
    2,837
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Clown World
    MBTI:
    INTP
    It's regrettable that we're more often in debates than in conversations. It doesn't have to be adversarial to be educational but it just often works out that way.

    Hazard of being human, we make mistakes.

    Edit: and we make it personal too
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Synergos

    Synergos Community Member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2019
    Threads:
    1
    Messages:
    271
    Likes Received:
    1,667
    Trophy Points:
    922
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2 / 147
    We need to keep in mind that we didn't need to have the final word! And be respectful when defending one point of view! This way, every one in the discussion may learn something new.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ny7x

    Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2019
    Threads:
    0
    Messages:
    107
    Likes Received:
    168
    Trophy Points:
    483
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Athens/Greece
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    E2
    if what they care for is the final word, then your argument better be online so others can read because with them it must have been futile.
    oh, they can have the final word if that's what they were after!
    what matters is the truth to come out.

    or, be respectful in general. it proves your upbringing and bad behaviour reflects your parents.
    It's them you're insulting when insulting someone due to your inability to debate them.
    [​IMG]

    DEFINITION OF TRUTH :
    According to the English word, there's "nothing to see there"
    But if you resort back to the Hellenistic roots,
    Truth = Αλήθεια = A+Λήθη = ΝO+Deception

    Truth can never include ANY deception in it.
    because it's the truth by definition.
    So, if you own 50% of the truth and i own the other 50%
    none of us enjoys "the" truth since our other 50% is deception on both sides.
    If your "truth" equals mine as "respecting each other's views, accepting them and finding common ground"
    then it's both sides that are deceived.
    There are NO equal truths!
    Truth is one and always backed by evidence.
    No evidence can ever disprove the truth because if they support a lie they will be lies.
    There's no "unproof" to truth! nor real proof for any lie!
    Fabricated truths to prove lies are there for exposure and if your quest is the truth,
    then exposing them should be a job not a fun game to play!

    It's like arguing in a room without windows of whether the sun is out or not.
    fact a: we could always check outside.
    fact b: the sun does not care for what we debate upon.
    fact c: the sun will continue its path irrelevantly to what we think.
    it's all about, caring enough to know it so we can act accordingly.

    i will give you an example.
    is the above debatable?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #6 ny7x, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Asa likes this.
  7. Wyote

    Wyote ○●○
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    229
    Messages:
    29,592
    Featured Threads:
    15
    Likes Received:
    141,269
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    I really love how that woman carries herself. Great stuff all around.
    For context of what she mentions, also worth a listen imo:
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    dragulagu and Daustus like this.
Loading...

Share This Page