Fiction recommendations? | INFJ Forum

Fiction recommendations?

Alice97

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 8, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
I'm looking for some good fiction to read. What are some books that you would recommend to a fellow INFJ and why?

(Note: The reason I'm asking specifically for recommendations for the INFJ personality is that I think we tend to see things a little differently than other types. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I find that I'm usually only drawn to stories where I connect with the characters on a deep emotional level and can completely immerse myself in the story. I think we tend to seek more depth in a story than others might. I can't stand reading something that is merely "lightly entertaining." Like I said before, I have to be able to immerse myself in the story for it to hold my attention. Just my thoughts, feel free to disagree :) )

Last edited:
If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

The Prophet by Khalil Gibran. I haven't read this one personally, but it has been recommended to me a few times.

Reactions: Kgal
The Poisonwood Bible
Kavalier and Klay
Sister Carrie
My Antonia

Reactions: Gaze
white nights by fyodor dostoyevsky

a young doctor's notebook by Mikhail Bulgakov

The Echo Maker, by Richard Powers
"Plot introduction

On a winter night on a remote Nebraska road, twenty-seven-year-old Mark Schluter flips his truck in a near-fatal accident. His older sister, Karin, his only near kin, returns reluctantly to their hometown to nurse Mark back from a traumatic head injury. But when he emerges from a protracted coma, Mark believes that this woman — who looks, acts, and sounds just like his sister — is really an impostor. Shattered by her brother's refusal to recognize her, Karin contacts the cognitive neurologist Gerald Weber, famous for his case histories describing brain disorders. Weber recognized Mark's condition as a rare case of Capgras syndrome — the delusion that people in one's life are doubles or impostors — and eagerly investigates.

What he discovers in Mark slowly undermines even his own sense of being. Meanwhile, Mark, armed only with a note left by an anonymous witness, attempts to learn what happened the night of his inexplicable accident."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Echo_Maker

Reactions: Kgal and sassafras
R. Scott Bakker's Second Apocalypse is nothing short of amazing. Think... Game of Thrones x Dune, more metaphysical, more philosophical, epic fantasy setting...

There are people who will fucking figure out who I am if they come on this forum because of this post. Oh well... haha.