[INFJ] Feeling Physically Ill. Help!

Paradox

Jul 17, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm still a newly-discovered INFJ.

It's been a revelation. What a month! Insane. Just insane.

I've been using Fe, A LOT. Learning how to use it. Learning how dangerous, beautiful, instrumental, and powerful it is.

I've been using Ni. Trusting it. It's really mystical, but I suppose for us, it's just... how our minds are. The depths of unfathomability.

The past few days been full of positivity, energy, creativity, joy, and an emotional rollercoaster. But it has been amazing, in so many ways.

Yet, for some reason, for the last two days my muscles are tense and I can't seem to sleep well. I'm feeling positive, happy (I think?). My energy levels are through the roof. Why are the muscles in my stomach tied to knots? I am feeling these tensions PHYSICALLY. Not mentally, LITERALLY.

Is this too much Fe? Underusing Ti? Ni-Ti loop (can't be it, I've done that before and this feels different)? Am I going crazy? Do I just need to have sex or cuddle? Do I need to revert to my cold, rational fortress? Do I need to stay way from people, from the internet, for a few days? Should I meditate? Physical activity? Or mental activity?

I've never experienced this paradoxical juxtaposition of mental and physical ailments... both good and bad.

What the fuck is this, and HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?

...Cup of hot tea & a distraction of your choosing.
Sounds like you're tying up your energy lines in knots ;)

Lose your expectation of this is that...relax and flow. Fe comes 'naturally'. Trying to notice every instance of it indeed does and will give you a belly ache ;) You can learn to notice it's working but you can't control it, it will just happen.

Well wishes, hope you're feeling better soon

I wish i know how to help. I am currently physically ill too, because a friend is stressing me out. :( he drains me.

I find when people embark on a new level of self discovery they develop a physical feeling of urgency that is hard to tame. When you are riding the high of something new the mind and heart can become very excited and translate that feeling into the body. I would say performing some really deep breathing exercises, meditating for a little bit and trying to focus in on how you want to direct this new mental and emotional awareness will help ease the body.

Emotional and mental changes show up physiologically more than many people admit. It's not bad but it's easy to get carried away when you don't take the time and let your WHOLE self (body included!) work its way into your new reality.

Try to find an outlet that with calm you. The activity that will calm you is different for everyone, but others have given good suggestions. (Reading, tea, exercise, talking a walk, playing music, making art, cooking or baking, gardening, etc)
Keeping a journal may help you express yourself and organize your thoughts and feelings in private. (Being randomly public about your feelings may cause more anxiety because INFJs are private and slow to trust by default.)

Also, try to keep stress and anxiety triggers to a minimum. Obviously a certain amount of stress and anxiety is going to occur in adult life, but don't add anything un-needed.

I posted this in the 'Fe Fi' thread, but it is a good link for learning how to live with Fe. :)

http://infjramblings.com/2015/01/come-terms-extraverted-feeling-fe.html

SpecialEdition - that was an uncanny description.

Thank you all. I'm going away for some alone time.

Reactions: Scientia