[INFJ] - Feedback from other INFJs, please. | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Feedback from other INFJs, please.

hunnybee143

Jun 20, 2017
MBTI
Infj
Enneagram
6w5
Do you often fear letting other people down, more than yourself?

Despite having high expectations for yourself, do you tend to fear not meeting expectations of other people as well, in fear of disappointing them?

In all honesty, In my view.... it’s best to focus on oneself than worry about how others view you even when that disappointment happens, if you depend on the views of others you’ll never fully recover from your own disappointments (if it were up to them), nor will you ever live and learn the lessons you may need to in life... you are human, we all are, disappointment and disappointing others is inevitable, best just keep that chin up, learn the lesson, ignore the nay sayers and carry on.... with that said, do I have people in my life I try not to disappoint, a very very very limited few.... and even then, I’ve disappointed all of them, carrying that fear around is pointless, we all fall eventually, and that fear can actually cause you to live a life that is not your own but rather a life others expect you to live.... that’s a lot of pressure...

Reactions: invisible

Despite having high expectations for yourself, do you tend to fear not meeting expectations of other people as well, in fear of disappointing them?
Hell yeah.

Yes, I believe so. Usually I'm highly demanding of myself, and I'm comfortable with the view of myself as a reliable person. So yeah, letting people down who have counted on me in specific situations is something what I'd not like doing. However, I don't care about other people's expectations of me - I'm the way I am, take it or leave it.

I think 15 years in customer service has sort of cured me of that fear. If anything I care too little.

It's their responsibility. They get disappointed cause their expectations weren't met. Their expectations belong to them, not to you. There's no reason why their expectations would necessarily be fair or realistic. It's not your problem. It's also inevitable that others will be disappointed in this way. All you can do is your best.