Favorite Pasta Dish And Recipe? | INFJ Forum

Favorite Pasta Dish And Recipe?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What's your favorite pasta dish? Is there anything you use in your pasta dishes that is different from other recipes? Post recipe or just a general idea of ingredients if you can.

For those who are health nuts, what are favorite healthy pasta dishes? What kind of substitutes do you use to make less healthy dishes more nutritious?

What kind of substitutes do you use to make less healthy dishes more nutritious?

Mmmmm, oh how I love me some pasta! It is one of the best comfort foods ever! I love substituting zucchini instead of the old fashioned flour noodles to make a healthier spaghetti, especially on those days I need to watch my carbs.
I use a hand-held julienne slicer to slice the zucchini length wise to create noodles. This method works for most squashes as well, it's lovely to use a variety of squash noodles. Sauté in a bit of olive oil for about 5 minutes and season to taste. They are so delicious; even carnivorous husbands and vegephobic kids like them.
In summer I like to keep my sauces light, so I'll typically use fresh tomatoes, a variety of peppers, onions, whatever vegetables you want, really. You can even use your old favorite sauce. I'll never go back to traditional spaghetti.
....that is, unless I'm seriously craving it. Heh.

Reactions: Gaze and invisible
That's the beauty of the zucchini/squash noodles, you can use any sauce you'd like, season them however you wish, and they're amazing. :D

*tummy rumbles*

2rnhn9d.jpg

Reactions: Gaze and Free
I have never tasted a zucchini.

Anyway, i love love love spaghetti ala puttanesca..

As for the secret ingredient, i put liver spread on my sauce and cheesespread...

To make a healthier version of my pasta dishes, i use the vegetable pastas instead of the usual. Hahaha

Reactions: Gaze
Thanks guys! Great subs. My favorite dish is the fettucine alfredo, whose sauce I love, but I'm sure isn't the most nutritious. Zucchini pasta looks good.

dsc_9760.jpg

But what kind of sauces could I use similar to the white sauces that would go well with zucchini noodles?

Reactions: Free
But what kind of sauces could I use similar to the white sauces that would go well with zucchini noodles?
When you eat Alfredo, have you ever had it with a green veggie like spinach or broccoli? If you haven't, you must try it, but if you have then you'd notice the cream sauce goes pleasantly well with vegetables. Now for the zucchini noodles, the flavor is very subtle. It's not an intense zucchini or squash flavor at all. I'm confident that you could use any sauce with them and it would be delicious.

Reactions: Gaze