Facebook immortality | INFJ Forum

Facebook immortality

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by Lerxst, Oct 28, 2011.

Share This Page

More threads by Lerxst
  1. Lerxst

Lerxst Well-known member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Ok, I'm at a loss for where to post this - Science/Technology, Society, Psychology...? For the second time in my life a relatively close friend has passed away in this modern age. The first happened on a forum similar to this and there was this mysterious aura floating around any post that had her name in it shortly after her death.

The next happened more recently and this time, Facebook's taken on a life of its own. She passed away over a month ago yet her wall gets more activity now and more photos being shared to it than it did when she was alive. The only way you would know she's dead would be by reading all the "farewells" people have posted.

My brain doesn't quite know what to make of this. It's one thing to watch old movies filled with dead celebrities I didn't personally know... but to see a friend still "online" after their death is just kind of creepy...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. the

the Si master race.
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    It helps facebooks numbers if she remains there forever.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...