[NSFW] - Exercise : A World Without Religion | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[NSFW] Exercise : A World Without Religion

Well survival itself doesn't necessarily lead to advancement. The Inuit were a great example of that, living in one of the harshest climates possible and their entire spiritual culture was pretty much based around survival and was largely untouched until the 17th century even though they had some run-ins with the vikings much earlier than that.
But the Inuits were mostly seclusive, IINM? Which...while it works, and yes, it does not necessarily lead to advancement; I can see culture and technology being developed even without a particular lack of belief upon a higher being.

I think a lot of societies that are advanced are also....somewhat expansive. Whether militarily, religiously, or culturally. Which does not always have a religious reason a-la Christianity and its Gold Glory Gospel thingie but.

But the Inuits were mostly seclusive, IINM? Which...while it works, and yes, it does not necessarily lead to advancement; I can see culture and technology being developed even without a particular lack of belief upon a higher being.

I think a lot of societies that are advanced are also....somewhat expansive. Whether militarily, religiously, or culturally. Which does not always have a religious reason a-la Christianity and its Gold Glory Gospel thingie but.

Are we still counting animism as a religion? I think we've gotten off the same page because I was still working on that assumption.

Are we still counting animism as a religion? I think we've gotten off the same page because I was still working on that assumption.
From a personal standpoint, no. I'm sorry if my words imply otherwise..?

From a personal standpoint, no. I'm sorry if my words imply otherwise..?

Oh, ok. Well I don't disagree then. Organized religion as a concept could probably be skipped over and things would be mostly similar I guess.

I also don't think it would make that big a difference if religion left the world, either, because it doesn't address the underlying mechanisms which have caused people to found religions in the first place.

It's like the difference between stopping violence and stopping the propensity for violence. One is the act and the other is the root cause and they are not the same.