Ethics of making a music video. | INFJ Forum

Ethics of making a music video.

Discussion in 'Art, Entertainment, and Media' started by QuickTwist, Aug 27, 2017.

Share This Page

More threads by QuickTwist
  1. QuickTwist

QuickTwist Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    So tons of bands out there, all making music videos. More often than not, its them representing that they are actually playing.

But a lot of the time, its overproductionized. What/how they would normally play is not representative to reality.

Is this ethical? I ask because it seems like they are in a way cheating the watcher of the real experience.

This is not to say that there should be no artistic licence in the making of a music video. My point is simply in the specific occurrence that they are being filmed playing a song, which is usually cut up so much to say it even remotely resembles a real playthrough of a song.

What I am getting at is that the artists are trying to represent a live playthrough of a song, but it is so far removed from that it feels a bit dishonest.

Thoughts?

2. sprinkles

sprinkles Well-known member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    xxxx
    Recorded music is usually recorded in studio and often not even all at the same time. It looks kinda like this. It would be hard to make a good recording and a good music video at the same time. If the band was REALLY playing in a desert, parking garage, featureless white room or whatever it wouldn't sound as good.