Entrepreneurship

InvisibleJim

Banned
Dec 13, 2010
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I was reading this short and excellent article on Entrepreneurship - High Margins, Known Models.

I've always been fascinated by the concept in Entrepreneurship and potentially making and running my own business some day or another.

Has anyone else had thoughts of a similar nature?

I love the idea of doing this since I've worked so many places that I can clearly see "do it wrong" (blame my Ni for that). On the other hand, I know I don;t have the ambition to sit there and do the mundane details like balancing the books and filing reports.

I know I'm not all that wrong or my ideas aren't that bad either since I've had some ENTJ friends and family come and thank me for the advice or ideas - creative ways to market an item, different venues for advertising, products that can/should be sold together, etc...

I suppose it depends on the country. Here hardware has high margins. Entrepeneurship is difficult. You have to be self-motivated, disciplined, determined against apparently insurmountable odds and be able to handle the perception of reduced financial security. Depending on your business you'll have to sacrifice lots of personal time and it can take a horrible toll on families. It's freeing to not take orders from a boss. On the other hand, you'll find yourself with more bosses than you've ever had before, customers, employees, the state, suppliers and financiers. It's one of those things I think people have to experience to appreciate. Reading about it is a poor substitute.

I would like my own business someday for sure. Something in repair and maintenance maybe.

I own two businesses and I'm partnered in a third. My main business is my woodworking business, and I do contracted live sound work on the side. and I'm partnered with my grandfather in his beekeeping business. It's certainly not an easy thing, you really have to keep track of everything to a level you'd never even imagine outside of these businesses and buying things in bulk can get interesting, while there is always a better deal to be found it's important to stay loyal to your suppliers because those better looking deals are fleeting.

I would say the most important thing to getting my businesses to work is relationships. it's clich