ENTP stereotype | INFJ Forum

ENTP stereotype

Where does this stereotype that ENTP's are sociopaths come from? Its so stupid, but a real stereotype. Does anyone here believe we are sociopaths? Or lack an moral conscience?

I don't believe that at all, nor do I think the stereotype is that widespread. That being said, I've heard it mentioned of both ENTPs and ESTPs, and so I think it might be linked to tertiary Fe.

Perhaps the (wrong) idea is that tertiary Fe has the manipulative tendencies of Fe without the empathy and moral sense because it's 'only' tertiary.

I don't believe that at all, nor do I think the stereotype is that widespread. That being said, I've heard it mentioned of both ENTPs and ESTPs, and so I think it might be linked to tertiary Fe.

Perhaps the (wrong) idea is that tertiary Fe has the manipulative tendencies of Fe without the empathy and moral sense because it's 'only' tertiary.

Oh ok. Well if that's true, then its total bullshit.

By the way, who are you?

Well when god made me, he got bored and forgot to add 'common sense'. Thats why I've been chasing after parked cars and sustained a brain injury. So you tell me. :tearsofjoy:

I'm Ren, an ENTP INFJ with a passion for philosophy, literature and music.

Glad to see you finally updated your profile from INTP to ENTP. :p

I don't believe that about any type, so no, I don't think ENTPs are sociopaths.
I also don't think a psychopath/sociopath would be easy to type because they're broken human beings. The functions wouldn't function "normally".

My son types as ENTP. NOT a sociopath/psychopath. Very sweet and thoughtful kid. Not a moralizer, either. One of my favorite things about spending time with him is his willingness to set aside any box and just explore a concept without needing to be bound by any preset limitations, including social morals. I see that as a strength. It's certainly delightful to have a conversation with him and know you can roam free without constraint with him. He'll hear you out with curiosity and challenge you when he feels like it, not because that's not a thought you're supposed to have. He thinks for himself. He makes space for others to do the same. He respects people who do, even when he doesn't agree. Good, kind, considerate kid. NOT a sociopath/psychopath. Is that seriously the stereotype? :unhappy:

My son types as ENTP. NOT a sociopath/psychopath. Very sweet and thoughtful kid. Not a moralizer, either. One of my favorite things about spending time with him is his willingness to set aside any box and just explore a concept without needing to be bound by any preset limitations, including social morals. I see that as a strength. It's certainly delightful to have a conversation with him and know you can roam free without constraint with him. He'll hear you out with curiosity and challenge you when he feels like it, not because that's not a thought you're supposed to have. He thinks for himself. He makes space for others to do the same. He respects people who do, even when he doesn't agree. Good, kind, considerate kid. NOT a sociopath/psychopath. Is that seriously the stereotype? :unhappy:

Wow, this is so accurate! Your son is so lucky to have you. My parents used to get angry and hit me for being.... 'not normal'.

Also yes, it is a stereotype. Although I think, like @Ren explained, it is probably not wide spread.

Wow, this is so accurate! Your son is so lucky to have you. My parents used to get angry and hit me for being.... 'not normal'.

Also yes, it is a stereotype. Although I think, like @Ren explained, it is probably not wide spread.

I'm so sorry, @wolly.green. That's terrible! :(

I want to hang out with @tovlo's son now. He sounds cool. Hahaha. I hope that is the ENTP stereotype.

My stereotype for ENTPs is that they are brilliantly off their rocker.
Not sociopaths, just overzealous with their own plots sometimes, but they can be reeled back into reality easily most of the time.
They are a lot of fun.