ENFP: the "people-people"? | INFJ Forum

ENFP: the "people-people"?

knight in battle

Feb 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
There is a claim that ENFPs are "people-people" and that they have a holistic view of social interaction. Purportedly they have even the ability to liven up and even bring out the "stodgy types". (Typelogic).

Who are these dull, "stodgy" types that ENFPs manage to charm? INTJs? (most likely, since it's their favorite, according to Keirsey). ISTJs? INFJs? (somewhat likely, since these are the potentially the most toxically attracting types, according to Beebe).

Are INFJs boring in comparison? What people skills do INFJs have that ENFPs do not have?

Do INFJs attract ENFPs?

Last edited:
ENFPs seem very socially interactive types and maybe on their part, there's the desire to liven things up around more quieter or reserved types. Sometimes, to create a more friendly or outgoing atmosphere, they try to bring more introverted types out of their shell so to speak, especially the shy types.

I don't think INFJs are not social but more selectively sociable.

Enfp's are great. They really are people people. I really think they are the best at understanding other's emotions, and their own. Close second, I would say the Enfj.

:D

[MENTION=3791]knight in battle[/MENTION]
....forgive me for (perhaps) offending, but why is it that I feel like some of your topics are ......putting certain types into certain molds?

I do put certain molds and 'standards' to people, and furthermore, within types. So I probably should not be in the place to say this. For instance, onto your topic, I can safely say that it's basically the trait of Ne, only lacking the pointedness of Ti that ENTPs have. In place are instead Fi, which tend to be more...fuzzy, in my perspective. At least when it doesn't went to RAEGMODE.

but...from a non personal standpoint, it's still too ineffective. Too rigid to simply claim, for example, ENFPs are people-people. It would depend on SO MANY CONTEXT; the relationships in question; what are they? Who are the other members of the group, and what are their MBTI / styles of approaching people / dealing with the relationship? What are the traits (how deep, how frequent do they meet, how frequent are the clashes / differences in question, what are the positions)? What are the things they have in common? What are the things the ENFP in particular focuses on? How do they speak, talk, etc?

I know some ENFPs who are indeed, what you call people-people, however that's only in one group. In another one is a leeching emotional manipulator with victim mentality and faux martyrdom held as a weapon.

So yeah. :|

[MENTION=2172]Trifoilum[/MENTION]

I enjoy the analysis of entire types through the lens of a few personal encounters. with the help of type descriptions. For example, I have had a self-identified ENFP therapist.

However, my purpose for the thread was to explore, not to turn it into a fact. I can readily see that many ENFP are not people-people. I can see that there are other types that are people-people, possibly even with the same kind of behavior. There are different ways of being people-people, also.

@Trifoilum

I enjoy the analysis of entire types through the lens of a few personal encounters. with the help of type descriptions. For example, I have had a self-identified ENFP therapist.

However, my purpose for the thread was to explore, not to turn it into a fact. I can readily see that many ENFP are not people-people. I can see that there are other types that are people-people, possibly even with the same kind of behavior. There are different ways of being people-people, also.
Then I assume you understand the differences between applying one rule for a person and applying one mask for different people?

I'm not sure ENFPs have a holistic view of anything.

Definition of HOLISTIC

: of or relating to holism
: relating to or concerned with wholes or with complete systems rather than with the analysis of, treatment of, or dissection into parts <holistic medicine attempts to treat both the mind and the body> <holistic ecology views humans and the environment as a single system>

source:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/holistic

ENFPs use Fi as a primary judging function.
Draw your own conclusion but my money's on holistic rather than analytic, dissecting (like Ti as a function).

Introverted Feeling
Auxiliary feeling is nonverbally implied more often than it is openly expressed. When expressed, this logic has an aura of romance and purity that may seem out of place in this flawed, imperfect world. In its own defense, feeling judgement frequently and fleetly gives way to humor. ENFPs who publicize their feelings too often may put off some of the crowd of friends they naturally attract.
Extraverted Thinking
Thinking, the process which runs to impersonal conclusions, holds the extraverted tertiary position. Used on an occasional basis, ENFPs may benefit greatly from this ability. Less mature and lacking the polish of higher order functions, Thinking is not well suited to be used as a prominent function. As with other FP types, the ENFP unwary of Thinking's limitations may find themselves most positively mistaken.

http://typelogic.com/enfp.html

Enfp's are great. They really are people people. I really think they are the best at understanding other's emotions, and their own. Close second, I would say the Enfj.

:D
I think ENFPs understand their own emotions and how they'd feel and try to help you out, whereas ENFJs understand your emotions and try to help you out, if you get what I mean...

ENFPs seem very socially interactive types and maybe on their part, there's the desire to liven things up around more quieter or reserved types. Sometimes, to create a more friendly or outgoing atmosphere, they try to bring more introverted types out of their shell so to speak, especially the shy types.

I don't think INFJs are not social but more selectively sociable.

I find the ENFPs I know are generally sociable because they like everyone a bit, but are selective to who they are in constant lasting relationships with...and the quirky thing is how they love INFJs and INTJs. My hubby loves the super quirky and geeky types especially. (Good for me, undercover supergeek!!!)

I think however the most enlightening description of the big, open, all encompassing ENFP heart can be snagged right from the horses mouth so to speak..also known as the ENFP forum. It concurs with my personal observations with an ENFP who's got a solid self-esteem and self awareness.

ENFPs have extra levels of love...

Strangers are like friends.
Friends are like best friends.
Best friends are like lovers.
Lovers are SUPER LOVERS!!!!

>.> When you experience LOVE love, that infatuation stuff pales in comparison. You're about as subtle as a truck full of howler monkeys. Extroverted intuition (Ne) likes to be difficult when you find someone interesting, though....by plotting out possibilities. "What if I dated this guy?" It's not a promise, it's just Ne making a speculation and introverted feeling (Fi) filling in the details.

-Alysaria
http://www.enfpforum.com/Home/tabid/55/aff/2/aft/1971/afv/topic/Default.aspx