Don't disturb my dinner with your autistic child! | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Don't disturb my dinner with your autistic child!

No worries. I'm fine :). I just have a strong urge to defend the marginalized people of this world.

Well besides that specific story, I hear there is a lot of general discussion over the topic of whether it is considered acceptable or rude to bring children to fine dining establishments. I've read some stories of restaurants banning children outright to maintain decorum and a refined ambience.

Well besides that specific story, I hear there is a lot of general discussion over the topic of whether it is considered acceptable or rude to bring children to fine dining establishments. I've read some stories of restaurants banning children outright to maintain decorum and a refined ambience.

Well they can take their refined ambiance and shove it where the sun don't shine

I guess private restaurants are entitled to do that but although I enjoy fine dining I am pretty easy going when it comes to having kids around. I don't like places that are too stuffy.

My kids are older now but I remember getting complemented on how well behaved our son was when we took him too one fairly fancy restaurant when he was 3 years old. Parents definitely have a responsibility to keep their kids in check and to leave if the kids are being unruly, but it is not as easy with older kids with developmental challenges.

Well they can take their refined ambiance and shove it where the sun don't shine

Well I suppose they are limiting the amount of business traffic they receive that way. Unless the demand for such is high enough to compensate them in return.

Well I suppose they are limiting the amount of business traffic they receive that way. Unless the demand for such is high enough to compensate them in return.

A common feature of empires on the verge of collapse is an elevation of food to an art form and the raising of chefs to celebrity status

I guess private restaurants are entitled to do that but although I enjoy fine dining I am pretty easy going when it comes to having kids around. I don't like places that are too stuffy.

My kids are older now but I remember getting complemented on how well behaved our son was when we took him too one fairly fancy restaurant when he was 3 years old. Parents definitely have a responsibility to keep their kids in check and to leave if the kids are being unruly, but it is not as easy with older kids with developmental challenges.

Bring back the mead halls that's what i say!

A good roaring fire in the middle, a ceilidh with some story telling, poetry, music or raucous drinking songs!

Meat right off the bone

Who cares what the kids are doing as long as they don't fall in the fire?

Reactions: La Sagna
A common feature of empires on the verge of collapse is an elevation of food to an art form and the raising of chefs to celebrity status

Well, we're definitely there. I don't understand the fascination with celebrities. They're just people too.

I am not sure, but I vaguely remember reading about some place also banning cell phones inside its building for similar reasons. Those get a lot of discussion also regarding how much of a social faux pas it is.

Well, we're definitely there. I don't understand the fascination with celebrities. They're just people too.

Look at what our society puts up on pedestals....random, vacuous things and the worship of the meaningless and fatuous.....a total dislocation with reality

It is self delusion for the masses!

Yeah but they have fame, fortune and glory. That makes them different and those are things people desire.

Let the hugs commence eh?

Now this thread needs either a unicorn or a rainbow and it will be perfect.

FFS.

Feelings!!!

Everywhere!!!

Who is going to clean up this crap?!

Yeah but they have fame, fortune and glory. That makes them different and those are things people desire.

To each their own I guess. Not my cup of tea.

To each their own I guess. Not my cup of tea.

Nor particularly mine but I do like to read about what people with obscene amounts of wealth do with it or I read from a kind of sociological perspective, how was that possibly that they got the status they have etc.

There's better things to be reading I grant you but then I read and enjoyed part of Errol Flynn's autobiography and I imagine its something of a celebrity tell all for its day.

I wonder if it would be any different if the person was an adult with Parkinson's who's muscle spasms accidentally caused them to drop things, or clink them together. Would there be the same issue? I think people see physical issues as something which can't be controlled- but behavioural, the person has a 'choice' ...which, imo, is completely incorrect.