• Total voters

invisible

On Holiday
Sep 30, 2009
Avalon Archipelago
MBTI
none
[youtube]wXUiRcCViZE[/youtube]

Is that a recording of Ella speaking on the track? Maybe not, but it sure sounds like her. Anyway, just kidding around.

How do you feel about Love? Do you love Love? Do you LOVE Love? DO YOU LOVE LOVE?

What do you think about "Love"? What is it exactly? How do we define "Love"? Is it important? What is important about it, and why? In what situations or circumstances is it important?

Do you need it? Does everyone need it? In what form do people need it? Does everyone need Romantic Love? Maybe not everyone needs Love... or wants Love? What if someone doesn't need or want Love, does that mean that there is something wrong with them - or maybe there is something wrong with Love FOR them personally, although not necessarily for others?

Please vote on the multiple choice poll for this thread (which is inspired by a "match" improvement question on OkCupid).

Last edited:
Love is not just something I share only with a romantic partner. I'm happy that I'm in love, sure, but the love I have for my family and friends fills me with the same warmth and I am ever grateful for my ability to love openly, without expecting it in return. I do not need to be loved, but I do need to love.

I'm probably more in love with the idea of love, than love itself. I do feel a need to love as [MENTION=13729]Free[/MENTION] said. It feeds me to give that unconditional love to someone. However, I'm leary of expecting too much from love. It can't be all things to me. The freedom to love is a powerful thing.

Does everyone need love? Depends on the type of love. I think everyone needs love, but requires it differently. We don't all expect or need the same things from love.

I think that if you're going to "love" someone, they need to know they are treasured or cared for, not just in words but in deed. Feelings and words alone aren't enough to deem something "love."

Romantic love is valuable, although not required to experience genuine and deep love. However, it's the affection that makes partners feel comforted.

I think most everyone wants to feel love for who they are, even if it's not some intense, deep seated need for love. It could be friendly love, companionship, or family love.

All this makes me think of a Bible verse:
If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.…
http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/13-1.htm

In other words, you can be smartest or most gifted person in the world, and still need love in some form.

Reactions: invisible and Free
9ko1zm.jpg

Karl Urban playing Cupid in Tapert's "Xena: Warrior Princess".

Reactions: Free
I'm probably more in love with the idea of love, than love itself. I do feel a need to love as @Free said. It feeds me to give that unconditional love to someone. However, I'm leary of expecting too much from love. It can't be all things to me. The freedom to love is a powerful thing.

Does everyone need love? Depends on the type of love. I think everyone needs love, but requires it differently. We don't all expect or need the same things from love.

I think that if you're going to "love" someone, they need to know they are treasured or cared for, not just in words but in deed. Feelings and words alone aren't enough to deem something "love."

Romantic love is valuable, although not required to experience genuine and deep love. However, it's the affection that makes partners feel comforted.

I think most everyone wants to feel love for who they are, even if it's not some intense, deep seated need for love. It could be friendly love, companionship, or family love.

All this makes me think of a Bible verse:

http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/13-1.htm

In other words, you can be smartest or most gifted person in the world, and still need love in some form.

Excellent output on love, beautifully written!

Reactions: Gaze