[INFJ] - Do You Find Logical Coherence Aesthetically Pleasing? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Do You Find Logical Coherence Aesthetically Pleasing?

Paradox

Jul 17, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hi all,

I've grown very fond of logical coherence or consistency, so much so that I find it aesthetically pleasing. There's something so elegant about an internal framework that is a closed system without (seeming) contradictions.

My theory is that Ni sees a vision, Fe judges the feelings (and in this case, they would be internal since we are talking about an individual's preferences) associated with the vision, and Ti subsequently formulates a coherent logical framework upon which that vision now rests.

Since the vision has to be emotionally or perceptually 'pleasing' (that is, internally harmonious first), and visions are abstract 'entities' (that is, the vision of Introverted Intuition is itself an amoral and lacking any value judgements), said 'entities' seem like they can only be underpinned by a framework that is also abstract. Logic is the perfect tool, because logic's domain is itself abstract.

Logic, and in our case Introverted Logic, serves as the ad-hoc underpinning of Introverted Intuition's vision. However, if the vision is deemed to be somehow lacking by Extroverted Feeling, then it is further 'churned' within the amorphous seas of the psyche until it is in a generally 'acceptable' state.

Let me know what you all think! I'm working on an idea that the Extroverted Feeling function may in fact be more aesthetically-driven than ethics-driven (which would entail a distinction between aesthetics and ethics, but that's for another discussion).

Cheers :D

Logic is irrelevant. Only validity matters.

#validlivesmatter

Reactions: Siimplicity
Validity is a function of something being logically coherent, though. Valid conclusions are 'forced' through the connections with their premises.

Unless your definition of validity is different to my own understanding.

Wait, is that sarcasm? :)

Thank you!

This is more evidence that I am truly an INFJ (whatever that means?)!

You get it. Not in the sense of 'get,' but in the sense of get. Do you feel my vision? Are you able to reach out to it, to touch the ephemeral?

You don't need to answer. We are all partaking in the necessary unity of reality.

:)

oh yes. and you said Ephemeral. <3

(I said ephemeral out loud once and got nothing but stares. I am so grateful to encounter it here )

I acknowledge the aesthetic understanding you are sending out and embrace it with nothing but love and admiration. =D