hush

Retired Staff
Aug 23, 2011
MBTI
pocketoli
Enneagram
So.

I feel the need to share.

I met a gentleman recently, in his 30s, who honestly, truly, 100% does not believe in dinosaurs. He is convinced they are a hoax and a tool used to disprove creationism. If dinosaurs were real, he figures they would've been mentioned in the Bible. I was a bit... flabbergasted. I've met many Christians, and really none of them have had any trouble incorporating science into their faith. They have varying beliefs about how long the universe has been around, but still... dinosaurs?

How common in this phenomenon, people believing dinosaurs aren't real? Do you know anyone who believes this? Do you believe this? If so, why?

I've seen that before! -literal creationists. It comes from taking the book of Genesis very literally. 6 days of creation = modern world! -born yesterday.

Not really heard of that before. I know some creationists say people and dinosaurs lived together. They often point to a passage that mentions a 'leviathan'.

I love dinosaurs. It's amazing they existed.

Almost...too amazing

Amazing that most dinosaur bones are radioactive enough to where they need to be coated with thick lead paint before being put on display...

So.

I feel the need to share.

I met a gentleman recently, in his 30s, who honestly, truly, 100% does not believe in dinosaurs. He is convinced they are a hoax and a tool used to disprove creationism. If dinosaurs were real, he figures they would've been mentioned in the Bible. I was a bit... flabbergasted. I've met many Christians, and really none of them have had any trouble incorporating science into their faith. They have varying beliefs about how long the universe has been around, but still... dinosaurs?

How common in this phenomenon, people believing dinosaurs aren't real? Do you know anyone who believes this? Do you believe this? If so, why?

Move to Utah... The locals live under rock formations that are millions of years old and are convinced they're a product of The Great Flood a few thousand years back.