Different types of egilitarian societies | INFJ Forum

Different types of egilitarian societies

Darc

Jul 11, 2017
MBTI
Fi
Enneagram
4W3
I was just thinking about ancestry (though, not necessarily race) and how our different lineages effect us today, and though we surmise that we are in some way or another all relatively the same or equal, it's still interesting to think that we all posses a variety of traits and qualities that could be at least partially linked to our unique genetic heritages.

I was thinking then that as well with what this would have looked like in distant past, and how this effects the world now, and then I started to think about the concepts of collectivism and egalitarianism and I wondered, is there perhaps different forms of egalitarianism?

I was thinking this because I think that generally, most people desire some level of harmony or understanding, but I noticed there seems to be different perceptions of ways of going about it. I've read a fair amount about ingenious people's as I find them interesting, specifically the Native American's and even though they lived in communal living situations, I got a sense that they were in some ways individualistic in that they took and saw each other very specifically on an 'individual level' and as well saw things from that perspective. I experienced harmony and kinship, but it was through that kind of way...

I was just wondering perhaps as well if this would be the cause of some of the misunderstandings and conflicts we see today in the world.

is there perhaps different forms of egalitarianism?
I noticed there seems to be different perceptions of ways of going about it.
I was just wondering perhaps as well if this would be the cause of some of the misunderstandings and conflicts we see today in the world.

Sure. Everything is a spectrum. I think a lot of problems are also derived from an inability to communicate effectively. Some people view humans as having more or less value based on various merits. Some people view all human existence as equal.
Most probably are somewhere in the middle, not really understanding why they make compromises with themselves regarding human valuation. The master-slave cycle makes way for progress and has done so since the beginning. Why change now?
Eventually, perhaps we will all live as comfortable slaves to the technological overlords we create.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
I BELIV
Sure. Everything is a spectrum. I think a lot of problems are also derived from an inability to communicate effectively. Some people view humans as having more or less value based on various merits. Some people view all human existence as equal.
Most probably are somewhere in the middle, not really understanding why they make compromises with themselves regarding human valuation. The master-slave cycle makes way for progress and has done so since the beginning. Why change now?
Eventually, perhaps we will all live as comfortable slaves to the technological overlords we create.
I BELIEVE IN GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Wyote
Reactions: Milktoast Bandit