Different results for Keirsey and Jungian/MBTI? | INFJ Forum

Different results for Keirsey and Jungian/MBTI?

drgreen19

Three
Jan 20, 2012
MBTI
INXj
Enneagram
Unknown
Does anyone else receive distinct differences between Keirsey and MBTI tests? In most of the MBTI tests I've taken, INtj/INtp were the most common scores, but when I did Keirsey instead, I received INFJ, albeit with weak F and J functions. For MBTI, the T and J/P were often really close by a few percentage points within each other, but why would the Keirsey test place me within NF, rather than MBTI's NT? Granted, T and F are ambiguous in my case, but are there any key points MBTI and Keirsey don't have in common?

What you are describing happens pretty often. Personality tests can be confusing, have biased/loaded/leading questions, and are not the most accurate way to find your correct type.
MBTI and Kiersey have different approach to typing although they are very similar as well. The idea of NF and NT are exclusive to Keirsey. If you read up on all the different type descriptions you will notice that both systems see the individual personality types differently as well.

Just read through all the descriptions that you have been matched with and see which one you feel more comfortable with.

MBTI tests, Keirsey tests and other similar tests based on Jung's typology are used simply as a tool to work out what your two dominant functions are.

There is a cognitive functions test you can do as well- posted in the online tests/psychology tests section of this forum.
This can be more useful if you are having trouble finding the right balance between the dichotomies.

INFJs, INTJs and INTPs are all different. Which pattern of cognitive functions do you relate to better. Are you Ni dominant or Ti dominant?
INFJ- Ni Fe Ti Se
INTJ- Ni Te Fi Se
INTP-Ti Ne Si Fe

I have tested ENTJ/INTJ/INFP/ENFP/ESTP/ESFP based on my mood.