Depression marketing | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Depression marketing

As people pointed, these ads are somewhat personal, but...
But there is a general pattern of people on typology forums to be neurotic in general - and that means more anxious, more angry, more feelings of helplessness and, specially, more depressed. This is one of the best explanations about why you see people getting banned lots of times in several different forums - what appears first as rigid MODs, is actually a general pattern of forums on MBTI.

Im kind of surprised that google catchs it, and that probably means that these ADs probably even psychoanalyze our words - they probably have bots that could even type us based on writing patterns that a program can catch with some accuracy - although this could be coming from a word counter finding out the word 'depression' to be on top.

But some few researches also had detected IXFXs tendency to being a little bit more depressed than other types by default.

Also, there is no ESTP forum. In my book, there are only forums for INs plus ENTJ, INFP forum is definitely dead and ENTJ one is probably half-dead (I only accessed it, without an account, two years ago).

In @Dopamine's case, she's typed a fair bit about her fields of study (PTSD, fear, brain plasticity, &c. &c.) so it could be that the ads are being calculated based on what we type on the forum.

Which might explain why all mine were for wedding dresses when the ads came back, lol.

In @Dopamine's case, she's typed a fair bit about her fields of study (PTSD, fear, brain plasticity, &c. &c.) so it could be that the ads are being calculated based on what we type on the forum.

Which might explain why all mine were for wedding dresses when the ads came back, lol.

Man I haven't seen ads in a while. Don't even remember what mine were for.

Data mining is inevitable and it's unavoidable in the modern era. It will only get worse. They need your data for machine learning and resistance is futile.

I don't doubt this 100% - we'll end up being slaves to ads soon enough if we're not already.

I don't doubt this 100% - we'll end up being slaves to ads soon enough if we're not already.
Technology has always evolved. People were really upset about cars when they first came out and I would argue that, besides the environmental consequences, most of us enjoy the use of cars. It's easy to focus on the negatives of technology as it evolves but since it's going to happen and we don't really have control over it I think focusing on ways to mitigate it; like jaron Laniers ideas for example, are a better approach. I am trying not to be so dreadful of the future.

Technology has always evolved. People were really upset about cars when they first came out and I would argue that, besides the environmental consequences, most of us enjoy the use of cars. It's easy to focus on the negatives of technology as it evolves but since it's going to happen and we don't really have control over it I think focusing on ways to mitigate it; like jaron Laniers ideas for example, are a better approach. I am trying not to be so dreadful of the future.

I unfortunately dread the future, not to the extent that it's on my mind constantly or gets me worked up but there's a small amount of dread there. But you're right on what you've said, there are ways to mitigate technology and we just need to focus on that to keep us sane and positive.

that is a good point. Someone in the magic cloud knows fucking better than to send me Wedding Dresses.

I do not want to see my algorithm hits.

LMAO

Also, in the U.S. I've heard of at least once case in which a prosecution's was solely built on Google search results, and they were able to successfully convict someone just because they searched something illicit (without proof that they would actually do anything illicit).
Damn. Those are really good lawyers. I need one of those.

I've googled enough illicit shit for a few thousand years in the slammer