Retired Staff
Jul 14, 2016
USA
MBTI
INFJ-t
Enneagram
2w1, 2w3
:m125:
I'm learning more and more about Ambieverts--taking a balanced approach to energy restoration.
My understanding (and this fits for me) is that Introverts need time away & alone to recharge their energy stores. Quiet times of reflection & introspection.
Extroverts need people/place interaction to charge up.

I'm not a believer that all introverts are shy, moody and withdrawn...What do others think??

I extrovert exceptionally well if I do say so myself, but I have to. I have 3 kids and they all go to school and have their own activities that involve a lot of inter-parent mingling. I used to hate it, but I've managed to justify it as being necessary for my children. They see me interact, be friendly with random people, and make new friends which helps them with there social skills, I hope. I also consider it 'playing the game.' I don't want my kids to miss out on opportunities they are qualified for because their dad is an antisocial loner. I'll talk or joke with anyone and everyone that wants to talk, no matter the subject, especially if that person has some sort of position of power or influence within the community or school system. I don't derive any energy from these interactions, but I do it anyway because small communities and school systems are all about who you, how you know them and whether you're on good terms or not, in short, politics. I'd much rather stay home alone writing, reading, playing a musical instrument or just diving deep in thought. Fin

Introvert: a blanket fort for one, maybe two or three on occasion.

Extrovert: a blanket fort for two, three, and more regularly. For one or two on occasion.

(excluding children)

Nuff said.

Reactions: Sandie33 and Free
I extrovert exceptionally well if I do say so myself, but I have to. I have 3 kids and they all go to school and have their own activities that involve a lot of inter-parent mingling. I used to hate it, but I've managed to justify it as being necessary for my children. They see me interact, be friendly with random people, and make new friends which helps them with there social skills, I hope. I also consider it 'playing the game.' I don't want my kids to miss out on opportunities they are qualified for because their dad is an antisocial loner. I'll talk or joke with anyone and everyone that wants to talk, no matter the subject, especially if that person has some sort of position of power or influence within the community or school system. I don't derive any energy from these interactions, but I do it anyway because small communities and school systems are all about who you, how you know them and whether you're on good terms or not, in short, politics. I'd much rather stay home alone writing, reading, playing a musical instrument or just diving deep in thought. Fin
Exactly. As a parent, I do it, and am damn good at it, for his sake. Most people who don't know me personally would think I am an extrovert when really I'm just good at faking it.

Exactly. As a parent, I do it, and am damn good at it, for his sake. Most people who don't know me personally would think I am an extrovert when really I'm just good at faking it.

Yay! It's strange to know I'm not the only one!

Reactions: Persona and Free
Introvert: Sits outside on a park bench with very few people around, looking at nature, feels calm, at ease, enjoying the quiet, feeling refreshed.

Extrovert: Sits outside on a park bench with very few people around, looking at nature, wondering why there are so few people around, when will the rest get here, and why I haven't called up a few friends to join me.

This is me......

Ambivert - Hmmmmmmm what kind of mood am I in today and how much expendable energy is in my tank? Makes a decision and then proceeds as follows:

Option 1
Introvert - It's my day off, closes the door and hangs out the "Do not disturb" sign.....but is also open to deviate from set plan - particularly when someone is playfully persuasive.

Option 2
Extrovert - Loud music, lots of new people - "Where's the parrrrrrty at?" :mhula: