Define the beauty you might see in something | INFJ Forum

Define the beauty you might see in something

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
Post as many times as you like, as beauty surrounds us.

I see beauty in wood, and love matching grains and shapes. I see beauty within many things and people, in that some of this beauty moves my heart ...often.

Beauty, to me, in a woman happens rarely for me. There are many beautiful women in the world, though.

Personality attracts me. Educated is beautiful. Confidence, though not shown too much, is beautiful. Looking at my eyes while talking is beautiful. Trust is beautiful. If she is beautiful on the outside, and beautiful on the inside, it is hard to stop thinking about them. Her beauty makes me want to hug and hold her. Her beauty has me wanting to spend time with them. Kind-hearted, spiritual, and trustworthy are found in her. She is beautiful to me.

Always talk with women easier. There is beauty in women we may never see.

I see beauty in love. All the dogs we have had are gone, and I loved them as they loved me. The bonding of a smart German Shepherd is beautiful. Traveling out to sea in the early darkness in a Sportsfisherman is beautiful. I learned to love it.
The feeling of love we might have for someone is beautiful, and that love may be for so many reasons. The feeling of love for a week may never be forgotten. To be loved in return makes love even more beautiful. A simple glance or smile from someone you love is beautiful. There are so many kinds of love.
1 Corinthians 13:1
https://biblehub.com › 1_corinthians

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Last edited:
Words may fail me, but I have hunted most of my life. There is something almost unexplainable and beautiful in the deep swamp woods near river bottoms. When it floods, the water changes the woods into small tributaries, and islands of oak and other trees. When the rains cease, the swamp sends it's waters back to the river and small creeks. Owls hoot late in the evenings and find a perch underneath the tops of the trees in the waning sunlight. Does will walk with their fawns feeding or going back to their sleeping areas. A wild turkey may trot past your tree in a worrisome sort of way, only to see a coyote the DNR released in the woods for hunting. A scope's reticle goes up and finds its spot. You can see the coyote breathing deep breaths from the chase, then watch it disappear into the swamp after the turkey. Seeing a lone doe, one looks around carefully for a buck. Instead, one might find two fawns playing on a small island. They are lifting their front legs and hooves in playful joy at each other. After watching them play and walk around over half an hour, one climbs down from their stand and leaves the peaceful swamp smiling.

Last edited:
@just me

I may post at some point in the future, but as long as you continue to do so, know that I’m over here reading your words, vibin’, and enjoying my time spent thinking about the beauty you see.

Keep on keepin’ on,
Ian

1f35b1ea763f3644d0afd319fa03aa0e.jpg

Women are beautiful.
It's almost unimaginable to me to think what the world and humanity would be like without women. In them are our best traits of gentleness, warmth, sensitivity, thoughtfulness, femininity, maternity, generosity, vulnerability, and sociability. They're beautiful, and above all other things on earth, desirable and transformative of men's worst traits. At the centre of almost all my happiest or most significant memories is a woman, and I'm so grateful to have them in my life. Even in the most mundane, unremarkable routines of daily living, seeing a woman can quicken my pulse, thin the air I breathe, and straighten my posture. How many times a day I stoically bury a smile, while continuing on with my routine, thinking to myself, thanks be to God for women.

Making a meal for someone is a beautiful expression of love. It involves both literally providing for their material needs, but it also creates a space of intimacy where you can have an honest conversation about your feelings, goals, destiny. You can encode your knowledge of the person by preparing the food in just the way they like. And eating someone else's cooking is in some ways an expression of trust, given that they might suck at cooking, like me.

The world never pushes, but it presents, it invites. It’s all there, on offer—will I look and listen, and choose to touch and smell and taste? What shall I find? Shall I find and know beauty? Shall I love, and in supplication of myself, become one with the other? What will I know? What will I be reminded of, shown, and taught?

Beauty is the self playing hide-and-go-seek as a kind of dance, an exuberance of form that hides nothingness. It is the riddle, and the answer. It is the painted bird of paradise, singing the sweetest of songs.

Namaste,
Ian

I find beauty in this song. It is a true masterpiece. In perfect harmony with the skater, it becomes elegance. Her moves exhilarate my heart. The skates glide in perfection across the frozen stage, and beauty moves across it with joyful glee.

This experience has me to wonder into the skater's emotions and expressions. I find joy for her not falling, not failing, but acing every move. After supposedly many years of practicing and studying, I see brilliance in a pleasing manner. The clenching of her fists at end show her satisfaction. I find myself happy for her much deserving painting. Hope you find this beautiful, too.

Last edited:
Our past experiences easily emanate emotions, perceptions, happiness, tastes, feelings, and even love. As we age, placing more of these past experiences we can reach ourselves into, we often see into our past that has helped to teach each of us specific things. We may voluntarily relinquish some of our remembrances, our minds seeing little to no significance in them. They say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Our past experiences may determine what we see to be beautiful, although the present can show us beauty in objects we have never experienced.

Our own aesthetic values differ from one to another. This thread is not meant to delve into one's mind, but is looking for expressions. I want to know you better, and your expressions make that possible. Is beauty derived from your past, or do you see beauty because of its aesthetic values? But a brief expression is fine. If no expressions, that is fine also.

Last edited:
@just me

I was thinking of you today. I was thinking of your joy in and passion for God. I was thinking of you calling to birds and almost falling over backwards in your connection to the beauty of them.

I am thinking of a friend who opened her heart through prayer to do something emotionally overwhelming to her and feeling chills across my whole body when she shared how she was able to see how God placed her where she needed to be to help thousands of people through this difficult task.

I am thinking of a Muslim man I met earlier this week who chastised me a bit for rushing an interaction. He did it in a firm and loving way, meant to teach me. He invited me to "chill." He taught me about gratitude for each moment and how I don't have to work so hard to make things happen. He said God will put things in place where they need to be when they need to be. He taught me about inshallah. He said we would meet again next week to talk about his trauma and how I might be able to help, inshallah. If God wills it.

I see beauty in all the ways life dances and interacts around us, moving things in place. Take it easy, chill, trust, inshallah.

Reactions: just me and aeon
@Elder

Been thinking about something my Father would say when we were fishing together. Your post made me think about it. He was Southern Baptist. We used to fly fish in a small fresh-water river. We used a cane pole with a flexible end and a strong base small enough to hold for hours, 10# test monofilament cut to be a foot or so shorter than the pole, and a hard cork or wood painted body with rubber bands on each side. They were better suited in the water we used for yellow. They had painted eyes, feathers coming out the back using yellow and black, armed with an embedded hook. Every now and then, a fish would really hit it with abandon, then My Father said something sounded like "ashallah". Never asked the meaning of it, as I though he was trying to match the experience of the strike.

Driving somewhere last night, I turned into a full moon shining through winter's bare trees; looking larger than life, rising through the branches to show itself to the world. A chill was in the air, and the winds lay resting.

On my return, the moon was much higher and had cleared the horizon and trees. Thoughts of the spinning world came to mind, and the reminder of how small I am. Yet, my inner spirit was in the moonlit skies and here on this earth.

I watched in wonder of what has become something so simple to many here. The moon, the earth, and the sun align so perfectly in their routines at times. Am I a part of that, or just an observer? I feel a part of it all.