[INFJ] Deep Imagination/Imaginative Sleep

AmeyT18

Regular Poster
May 1, 2019
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
NA for me
Does it ever happened to you that you are thinking or imagining about something with your eyes closed and you kind of fell asleep (not exactly asleep but you aren't aware of your surroundings and only thing you remember after waking or coming back to senses are the images streaming in your mind). This (and hunches/aha moments) started happening to me between 12-13 years of age. So, I suspect its related to Ni. Anything similar you guys experience?

Reactions: Sandie33 and Wyote
Can you describe what you're experiencing a bit more? Is it visual imagination, unprompted? Or an actual dream state?

Can you describe what you're experiencing a bit more? Is it visual imagination, unprompted? Or an actual dream state?
Well, I don't actually consider it dream but my mother always says I fell asleep whenever that happens to me. For me its like I was visually thinking about something with my eyes closed and at one point I loss awareness of my surroundings to the point I don't remember my eyes are closed. I open my eyes only after something in my surrounding makes some noice or vibration and opening my eyes feels like I just fell of something

opening my eyes feels like I just fell of something

This seems to indicate some level of sleep, though in all likelihood a very light level of it. You are probably creating a visual with your imagination which causes you to drift into a low level dream state, as in your brain waves alter slightly. Kind of similar to self hypnosis.

This seems to indicate some level of sleep, though in all likelihood a very light level of it. You are probably creating a visual with your imagination which causes you to drift into a low level dream state, as in your brain waves alter slightly. Kind of similar to self hypnosis.
That description fits well to what I experience. Does it happen with you (or anyone else)?

That description fits well to what I experience. Does it happen with you (or anyone else)?

I seem to recall something similar happening a few times when I was younger, but haven't in recent years. Definitely was never something to occur with regularity for me.