Death?

dneecey

I am who I am.
Apr 17, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Is there a death you were most affected by? Who or what was it that passed away, and what is your best memory of that person, place, or thing that is no longer alive?

The reason I ask, is because I have been unfortunate in my life to have lost many things, and many people that I have cared about. I have not ever taken it well, and the other day I was watching a show in which a woman was able to hear the voice of her grandmother giving her advice. It moved me deeply, and I missed my grandmother. I also often think about certain people that have died, and I miss their lives, I miss having them in my life. I miss in general, and realize that I have been deeply affected by them.

I suppose the death I was most affected by was my uncle Jr. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him in some way. Some days I am more verbal about it. He was more than just my mother's brother. He was like a father, and best friend to me growing up. I have a million favorite things about him that I miss. His smile, his mischievousness, his long hair, his love for cartoons and soap operas, his complete bad ass/bad boy persona, he was very much the bad boy with a heart of gold kind of guy.

Anyway... who or what was it for you? Have you ever experienced death? Were you affected by it at all? How so? I will try to elaborate myself later if I can.

Is there a death you were most affected by?
I'm not sure how to answer this, I've been affected different ways by different deaths.
My life has been most affected by the death of my father, in that it changed my relationships with some people, I moved in with my mom full time, I used to see him and now I don't [obviously], it disrupted my routine, etc.
Emotionally, I was most affected/upset by the death of my cat. He died when I was twelve, and he was eighteen. I'd known him since I was a baby. I used to sit and talk to his headstone every day before school.

Who or what was it that passed away, and what is your best memory of that person, place, or thing that is no longer alive?
I already answered who it was.
My favourite memory with my father would be debating him, or sitting outside on the deck discussing random things until 3am. Or gaming with him all day.
My favourite memory with Winston [cat] was sitting curled up on the recliner with him, reading a book with a crackling fire in the fireplace.

Is there a death you were most affected by?
My father, he was my best friend. It's been over 6 years that he's been gone and I think about him all the time. I really miss hearing him say my name and talking with him about anything and everything, he used to call me every day. He pops up in spirit and in my dreams every now and again to give me messages when I'm missing him the most.

...what is your best memory of that person, place, or thing that is no longer alive?
Not really any particular memory, but just how much he cared for me. He was "Mr. Mom" and the person who was always there for me when literally no one else was. I'll never be able experience that level of unconditional love and support again and the truth is, even as an adult I still need it.