Apone

Permanent Fixture
Jan 19, 2012
MBTI
MEGA
Enneagram
MAN
So apparently they've existed for 4 years:

[video=youtube;1QPiF4-iu6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QPiF4-iu6g&feature=relmfu[/video]

All you have to do is hook your brain up to a bluetooth device and you're set!

So yeah, by the time I'm on my death bed, it will probably be possible to live forever in a series of robot bodies that need to be changed/updated every few hundred years. Which means that we're pretty much at the point where humans can probably weather any apocalyptic event… we can simply manufacture the bodies we need in order to dominate any environment! I'd say that within a hundred years, we could even have robot bodies that will allow us to fly into space, walk on the moon, or explore space!

In a way it's exciting, but in so many other ways it's also extremely creepy.

Reactions: Quiet
How much body needs to be gone to be a cyborg? I always was under the impression that it only took about >25% of your body to be machine to be considered a cyborg.

Anyone else here interested in Ray Kurzweil and his predictions about a Singularity? A point where technology is integrated into humans so much that man and machine merge and ushers in the next stage of human evolution?

Anyone else here interested in Ray Kurzweil and his predictions about a Singularity? A point where technology is integrated into humans so much that man and machine merge and ushers in the next stage of human evolution?

What will happen to the intelligent design argument at that point?

Well, according to Mr. Kurzweil, God will become irrelevant because we will all be immortal.

But wont intelligent beings have created man in his now (future now) state?

But wont intelligent beings have created man in his now (future now) state?

Well, barring theological arguments, I guess you could argue that man becomes their own gods by taking control of their evolution and the destiny of everything into their own hands by infusing the very universe (look up the Singularity for a more thorough explanation, I'm a bit too high) with their technology.

The alternative is the self-replicating nanobots that Kurzweil predicts would bring about the Singularity could also just decide to eat the atmosphere, making Earth uninhabitable within a week.