[ENTP] - Curse or blessing of ENTPs logical thinking | INFJ Forum

[ENTP] Curse or blessing of ENTPs logical thinking

Cornmeal

Two
Apr 29, 2016
MBTI
ENTP
I wake up everyday with my mind buzzing with so many ideas that I can't stop thinking and relax. One question that runs through my head potato every day is" what is the meaning of life". The question comes in many different forms of an idea and I can't stop thinking about it until I've processed it down to our future and the many possibilitys of our end. I know I'm not the only smart guy who thinks of this everyday. Does anyone have any advice to how I avoid this question. And some other advice if possible

It's a good thing you're thinking about the meaty stuff, a lot of people don't give a thought to the big question: the meaning of life. Yeah sure, it's a cliche 'deep topic' but that doesn't take away from the importance of such a question. There's only two possible answers: either there is an intrinsic meaning to life and we have to 'find it' or 'stumble across it' or let 'it' find us; or there is not an intrinsic meaning to life, and we just have to make up our own.

I'm personally for the former (objective meaning), and think the latter (subjective) plays a secondary role. But that's tangential from your topic. I've heard some people's response is to ask 'out into the void': "If there's a God out there, and you exist, show me the meaning of life." You've nothing to loose by so saying, only the possibility of gaining - but never in the way one expects.

Even though too much thinking can make one mad, it's better to be a seeker than one who folds in the towel of life in immersing themselves thoughtlessly in an unexamined life. As Socrates said: "The unexamined life is not worth living." Even though I might add, the examined life can bring greater burdens with it, this is only so because it brings a greater sense of depth to the experience of living itself - thus the highs and the lows are felt ever more keenly. Still, down time is necessary, spent just doing something, like a hobby or reading a light fiction book, or watching a film - these are often said to help pacify the mind.

So, an ENTP's ticking mind, a curse or a blessing? In my view, a blessing in itself, but it can be used as either a curse or a blessing - a curse if it's used for the ego, and a blessing if used for the pursuit of what lies on your heart and in your conscience, even if in such pursuit it feels like a curse.

I wake up everyday with my mind buzzing with so many ideas that I can't stop thinking and relax. One question that runs through my head potato every day is" what is the meaning of life". The question comes in many different forms of an idea and I can't stop thinking about it until I've processed it down to our future and the many possibilitys of our end. I know I'm not the only smart guy who thinks of this everyday. Does anyone have any advice to how I avoid this question. And some other advice if possible

How do you stop someone picturing a pink elephant? Get them to picture a green horse

Have a more practical question ready. Try "what am I looking forward to today"

Before bed ask "what am I grateful for today"

Edit: Btw, the answer to these two questions is also the meaning of life

Last edited:
Have you tried turning it off and on again?