Cultural Similiariteis | INFJ Forum

Cultural Similiariteis

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by Odyne, Jun 1, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
More threads by Odyne
  1. Odyne

Odyne ===========
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    For so many years, so many generations of so many peoples focused on how different they are from others.

We try so hard to differentiate ourselves from others, and give ourselves a name that groups our people and our traditions and culture. We even called ourselves different "races" when in fact, we all belong to one race and that's Human.

The main question is:

What do we have in common with other cultures?

The purpose of this thread is to remind us of how similiar we are, and help us relate to others who come from different backgrounds and places of the world.

I highly encourage you to post something. Do some research if you have to. :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WellNoWonder likes this.
  2. Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    I think colonial history has a way of integrating countries with seemingly very different ethnic backgrounds in ways that reflect similar cultural developments or personalities. For example, countries colonized by Britain are strongly influenced through language, educational system, and cultural personality. I am from the English Caribbean, and I think there is a laid back "no problem" quality which is probably similar to Australia's. But we have a slightly more conservative/"victorian" sensibility that was developed from our contact and interaction with England.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Gaze, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  3. muir

Banned

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    A sense of humour

4. Trifoilum

Trifoilum find wisdom, build hope.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    basic morality, language, basic cultures (hunting, farming, etc)

And patriarchy.

5. BlinkandThink

BlinkandThink Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    FREE
    Enneagram:
    7w6

The cultural universals: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_universal

But to get more specific ... as in what West Coast U.S. culture has in common with, say, Maoris in New Zealand ... I'd have to do research that I'm far too lazy to do. :m024: