couples and mind reading | INFJ Forum

couples and mind reading

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, how many of you know what your partner is thinking? How many have a relationship where you you don't have to explain too much for your partner to know or intuit what you are feeling or thinking? Does it help or hurt things? Do you think it makes partners less or more sensitive or considerate because they know? Any other pros or cons of mind reading or partner's assuming their SO should be a mind reader?

The girl (ENTP, 21) I was chasing for the past 14 months (she "ended" the chase last night by telling me that we weren't "romantically compatible" -- BS), I would read her mind ALL the time. Sometimes (and this was even shown in our hour long "breakup" conversation), I would say EXACTLY what was on her mind, or say something EXACTLY what she just said when I wasn't in the room. We were on the same wavelength, and on paper are PERFECT for each other. We only hung out 4 times but would speak ALL the time on messenger (for 14 friggin' straight months).

Yet, we aren't romantically compatible. :m083:

I seem to be extremely tuned into my last ex - but we were together for over 5 years.

But I'm not sure if it was the relationship or just more of me- because he didn't seem to be tuned into me!

I seem to be extremely tuned into my last ex - but we were together for over 5 years.

But I'm not sure if it was the relationship or just more of me- because he didn't seem to be tuned into me!

I think this is the issue sometimes, is that one partner is tuned into the feelings and needs of the other but it's not the same on the other end. It begins to feel like a one-sided convo or relationship. In the end, it still takes two.

I think this is the issue sometimes, is that one partner is tuned into the feelings and needs of the other but it's not the same on the other end. It begins to feel like a one-sided convo or relationship. In the end, it still takes two.

Yup!

I do think people who really know eachother can be in tuned. I have this with one of my friends- we're very much alike, but different. We can read each other well! It's nice!

The girl (ENTP, 21) I was chasing for the past 14 months (she "ended" the chase last night by telling me that we weren't "romantically compatible" -- BS), I would read her mind ALL the time. Sometimes (and this was even shown in our hour long "breakup" conversation), I would say EXACTLY what was on her mind, or say something EXACTLY what she just said when I wasn't in the room. We were on the same wavelength, and on paper are PERFECT for each other. We only hung out 4 times but would speak ALL the time on messenger (for 14 friggin' straight months).

Yet, we aren't romantically compatible. :m083:

HA! I used the "romantically compatible" line on the last person I was involved with because his idea of romance was to not have to work for a relationship. EVEN a friendship. Which is the base of any relationship. WHAT A MIND FUCK! Why must I put myself through that shit! ... uh.

Anyways. on the mind reading thing. I actually DO have a very accurate sense of peoples motivations. but, more like, their subconscious emotional motivations. Often times, I've made a mess throwing things in people's faces to make them aware of what they're doing, but they at the time are not consciously aware so I come across as a lunatic jerk face. and if I don't communicate. I'm a jerk. I can't win! ugh ... However, I've had way more than enough times where people come back later to say I was right. Which makes me mad, because I don't want to be right! I want to be heard! .. uh.

anyways. To be fair, I'm completely inept when sifting people's conscious motivations out. So, I tend to be stupid in some circumstances, and yet, insanely in tune with people on another level. I think this is why I connect very deeply with people. But I'm so lost with all the surface stuff. I seriously need help. I have no idea what I'm doing. I can't possibly expect to swim with someone if I can't navigate that space between the shore and the deep. It's irritating. ... this also probably explains why no one is ever in tune with me. And the few people who I've thought were, inevitably prove to be totally off the mark. Bias's ... it's a bitch to overcome. So I can't really hold any grudges or hard feelings all things considering.

Yup!

I do think people who really know eachother can be in tuned. I have this with one of my friends- we're very much alike, but different. We can read each other well! It's nice!

Same for me and my best friend. I've never been in a relationship longer than a few weeks so can't speak on that. I have issues with going for the wrong women.

Reactions: say what
My husband is an INTJ and i'm an INFJ.

We pretty much understand each other's temperaments and personality, you can say we make a good team. However, the only problem is that he doesn't express his feelings too often and i on the other hand like to talk things out (i can be confrontational sometimes). And when we 'talk things out', he is all logical and i'm all emotional. :( It can be extremely frustrating when we get in a squabble. We are learning to give and take.