Corporate Personhood | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Corporate Personhood

Give me a few examples of where a corporation would need to be imprisoned.

Exxon & BP to start:

• Violation of EPA laws, affecting American soil.
  • Deaths involved - Manslaughter.

Every company manufacturing parts in 3rd world countries - violation of Child Labor Laws

Most energy companies:

• Manslaughter again due to health hazards presented to indigenous people in mined/harvested areas (Africa has some prime examples).

Monsanto:

• Extortion due to their GMO crops "infesting" non-GMO crops belonging to other farmers and then bullying victimized farmers off their land.
  • Harassment - in the legal definition

Any company guilty of a crime:

• Racketeering - the end result of a corporation that is found guilty of any crime "...make it illegal for criminal organizations to profit from any legitimate business operations."

Dow Chemical:
  • Murder/Manslaughter - Union Carbide's Bhopal disaster, 1984.

Edit: Forgot to add this one... Treason.
  • Any American owned company that manufactures products in foreign countries, then selling back to an American market. Applies even more so for those companies that took bail-out money to open manufacturing plants in China, weakening our economy while strengthening theirs.

Last edited:
You may have had a point before your edit, but calling that treason is absolutely ridiculous.

U.S. Constitution said:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Overall, manufacturing products in countries with a comparative advantage is a good thing. (Whenever I hear the whole "Buy American to help create jobs for Americans" spiel, in my mind I automatically replace it with "Buy American to help destroy the jobs of foreigners who probably need it more.")

You may have had a point before your edit, but calling that treason is absolutely ridiculous.

Overall, manufacturing products in countries with a comparative advantage is a good thing. (Whenever I hear the whole "Buy American to help create jobs for Americans" spiel, in my mind I automatically replace it with "Buy American to help destroy the jobs of foreigners who probably need it more.")

"Or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort." Countries like China, aren't exactly our friend. When US owned companies move there, taking US government money with them to start up factories in their borders, enhancing their economy while crippling ours, what do you call that? If you don't think we're actually at "war" with other countries, particularly China, then you aren't living on the same planet the rest of us are. We just haven't declared it for what it is yet.