Context Cue | INFJ Forum

Context Cue

Enso

Community Member
Dec 8, 2021
MBTI
INFJ
Hi all,

Casual thread. Just wondering how much context cues are important for you. I work with a large group of people and I'm starting to realize how much people need sequenced instructions to do things. What I mean by this, is I have problems doing a task without knowing why the hell I'm doing it; so in this case everyone else has the advantage because people generally don't care and they can produce a good enough outcome based on what is obvious. I recently achieved a slightly better outcome than some of the people around me and I was discussing it with them and I explained how a = bish = cishhhhh and therefore x is the answer because I think the context is y. And they were pretty baffled and literally couldn't understand me, so my help was utterly useless. I guess it's a theory of mind thing and considering how different people think. Just wondering how much you prioritise context doing tasks, perhaps even at a high level. I'm also kinda wondering if this overlaps with my ADHD.

@Enso for me context is important. I’d go further and say that I need meaning and understanding.

If I don’t understand in this way then I need to trust that the dungeon master knows what they are about. To put it even more strongly I can go with love rather than understanding, but that’s always conditional. I don’t like flying blind.

I need context. In fact, if you are going to tell me something, or teach me something, I like to have not just context, but a framework to support it. That’s a NeFiADHD thing. :p

Cheers,
Ian

The more complex the task, the more context I need in order to execute well generally.
In a job setting, directives are pretty easy to just execute on.
My preference is to have rich meaning and robust context. It just makes me more comfortable.

I need context. In fact, if you are going to tell me something, or teach me something, I like to have not just context, but a framework to support it. That’s a NeFiADHD thing. :p

Cheers,
Ian

I'm thinking this is pretty much the answer. It's only just now that I'm realising I literally can't explain the hidden context to people, because my subjective version of it sounds like jibberish. If it is a fairly objective context people listen and generally shrug it off, but when it's an abstraction they want to know what planet I'm from.