Confused about Fe/Ti interaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Confused about Fe/Ti interaction . . . how do these functions connect or disconnect?

I was reading an ENTJ description and that is pretty close to how i think when i'm working but yet when i'm in a social situaton, i become very empathetic and focus on the social dynamic and feelings. I prefer to operate in Ti but i find that i operate in Fe since the area i teach is communication based. i LOVE research and would prefer this to education.

Last edited:
Repost from another thread:

I chose ENTJ because it seems they are more focused and seem to have much less trouble asking to get things done without worrying or thinking about feelings, emotions, etc. In communication, there is so much focus on people, and needing to be empathetic that i'm less effective (because i excel or am more effective in Ti than any other function), and unable to get things done as well as i'd like. It doesn't help that I am a perfectionist who believes she hasn't risen to their full potential. So, having to worry about people and feelings tends to get in the way of being effective (at least in my case). For example, when i'm posting on forum, i exercise Ti quite a bit by asking questions, etc. i feel as if i'm on point - objective, analytical, etc. and it feels productive, but when i'm focusing on feelings, i feel useless (my perception).

I also prefer a more straightforward Te at work meaning, "here's what we need to do, here's we should organize it, now let's do it." I don't like thinking about how i'm seen or preceived, or how i'm affected by how someone's communicates, whether or not it's offensive, or whether someone is or will be offended by how something is said. I feel less effective when i'm operating in Fe dominant mode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.