Cognitive processes in different order | INFJ Forum

Cognitive processes in different order

technics

On Holiday
May 13, 2011
MBTI
Yes
I'm an INTJ and the when I do those cognitive processes tests, the result is: Te, Fi, Ni, Se. The test still types me as INTJ.

What do you think does this mean? Are there perhaps INFJs in here whose processes are in a different order?

I'm an INTJ and the when I do those cognitive processes tests, the result is: Te, Fi, Ni, Se. The test still types me as INTJ.

What do you think does this mean? Are there perhaps INFJs in here whose processes are in a different order?

If I were to look at those CF results, I would say you're an ENTJ not INTJ. It wouldn't make sense calling you an INTJ when Ni is in third place.

Maybe I should add that many people confuse extravert with being a social butterfly, liking people and doing many things in the external world. However, sometimes it is not so with certain functions such as Te or Ne. Although these functions are indeed energized by the external world, they may still be socially inept or not liking being around people.

Te is an example of this. They are not really into this social dynamics as much as manifesting their ideas on their external environment, making an impact and moving things along.

Maybe you're confusing being an INTJ with not being energized being around people. Many of these personality tests inaccurately portray extroverts this way which make it a bit hard to type yourself.

But isn't it that ENTJs always want to lead or control their environment whereas INTJs are individualists? I've always been the strategist type.

And using your approach, one could say that it wouldn't make sense to type myself as an ENTJ if my Fi is second and not last.
Posted via Mobile Device

And using your approach, one could say that it wouldn't make sense to type myself as an ENTJ if my Fi is second and not last.

True.

But then again, your cognitive process that you posted doesn't make any sense either.

However, since it's a tie between INTJ and ENTJ, and you say that you identify more with the INTJ then the ENTJ, then it's clear that you're an INTJ.

In my opinion, these tests are really fuzzy. It's better to do your own homework and come up with your own answer.

Last edited:

It means that your development in these functions is not in alignment with your preferences in these functions, or that your self assessment is not in alignment with your function use, or both. Development with a function and preference with it are distinct. I have a very well developed Se for an NFJ, though I don't prefer it.

Self assessment test results are only good for getting someone into the ballpark, and are not to be taken perfectly literally. There are all manner of factors that can skew the results one way or another. Mood, recent usage, etc. can all have an affect. For example, If you had been strongly using Te right before you took that test, you'll likely self assess those questions with more weight.

I've scored as..
Fe, Fi, Ni, Ti, Ne, Se, Te, Si.
Ni, Ti, Se, Fe, Fi, Te, Ne, Si.

The way that test words questions for Ni also has much less appeal to NTJs. Phrases like spiritual, mystical, and such don't really jive with the way NTJ's use Ni, and therefore that test often rates Ni much lower for INTJs and especially ENTJs.

Last edited:
For example, If you had been strongly using Te right before you took that test, you'll likely self assess those questions with more weight.

That's the average of a series of tests taken over a timespan of maybe a year, though. I only mentioned the functions of the INTJ. The four strongest are: Te, Fi, Ti, Ni.

It's true, the Ni questions never really appealed to me.

Technics, you're not supposed to take test results seriously -_-

Learn how type works for yourself.

Are you extroverted? Are you J type? Do you use Te+Fi? Do you use Ni+Se?

That's the average of a series of tests taken over a timespan of maybe a year, though. I only mentioned the functions of the INTJ. The four strongest are: Te, Fi, Ti, Ni.

Yes, that test generally scores Fi higher than it should because many of the questions it uses to measure Fi end up simply asking whether or not someone has emotions. It's not a good litmus for Fi.

In otherwords, that test is good for getting you in the ballpark, but not to be considered laser accurate.

It's true, the Ni questions never really appealed to me.

<nod>