My results:
Root: under-active (-50%)
Sacral: under-active (-25%)
Navel: under-active (-6%)
Heart: open (19%)
Throat: open (50%)
Third Eye: open (50%)
Crown: open (19%)

Mine are pretty spot on I guess. Though I don't usually actively consider chakras, what they relate to shows quite an accurate picture of me.
I've only recently begun to consider it as I have noticed Third Eye heat building up at times and also in other areas but rarely in the lower half of my body.
I can actually feel the imbalance toward the areas that are more open when I think about my recent behaviour.

But it's like an MBTI test so I'd recommend not reading the descriptions if you aren't already familiar with them.
I didn't know what the Navel chakra was and that turned out to be my third weakest area.

Last edited:
I recently heard that most people in the Western societies have no problems with activating their upper 3 chakras - but are seriously hampered in opening their lower 3 chakras.

This is because we emphasize "Thinking" as the desirable way of acting and being human. We diminish and dismiss the Emotions and Intuition that comes from being fully present and inhabiting our bodies. We ignore our bodies unless we feel pain....then we take a pill for it and continue on ignoring it. We are conditioned to do this almost from birth. As babies we are put on a "schedule" and from then on it's continuous conditioning to be a robot.

Yoga/Dance/some forms of martial arts/walks in nature.....these are methods to get one to stop thinking and become more aware of the body.

Practicing mindfulness when you brush your teeth or take a shower is also good ways.

I sometimes use my non dominant hand while brushing my teeth to practice mindfulness. This often leads me to laughing at my self.... Lately I have been paying careful attention to how my feet hit the floor/pavement while walking to and from the office - or up the stairs.

What do you think are ways you could practice being in your body more?

These were my results this time:

Root:eek:pen(31%)
Sacral:eek:ver-active(75%)
Navel:eek:pen(69%)
Heart:eek:pen(69%)
Throat:eek:pen(56%)
Third Eye:eek:pen(38%)
Crown:eek:pen(56%)

Root: under-active(-25%)
Sacral: open (19%)
Navel: open (38%)
Heart: open (25%)
Throat: open (38%)
Third Eye: open (62%)
Crown: open (31%)

Root:under-active(6%)
Sacral:open(38%)
Navel:open(31%)
Heart:open(62%)
Throat:open(25%)
Third Eye:open(50%)
Crown:open(31%)

Root: under-active (-56%)

Sacral: under-active (0%)

Navel: under-active (-31%)

Heart: open (50%)

Throat: open (38%)

Third Eye: over-active (75%)

Crown: open (38%)

Rootunder-active-62%
Sacralunder-active-6%
Navelunder-active-25%
Heartunder-active-6%
Throatopen38%
Third Eyeover-active81%
Crownunder-active-19%

I recently heard that most people in the Western societies have no problems with activating their upper 3 chakras - but are seriously hampered in opening their lower 3 chakras.

This is because we emphasize "Thinking" as the desirable way of acting and being human. We diminish and dismiss the Emotions and Intuition that comes from being fully present and inhabiting our bodies. We ignore our bodies unless we feel pain....then we take a pill for it and continue on ignoring it. We are conditioned to do this almost from birth. As babies we are put on a "schedule" and from then on it's continuous conditioning to be a robot.

Yoga/Dance/some forms of martial arts/walks in nature.....these are methods to get one to stop thinking and become more aware of the body.

Practicing mindfulness when you brush your teeth or take a shower is also good ways.

I sometimes use my non dominant hand while brushing my teeth to practice mindfulness. This often leads me to laughing at my self.... Lately I have been paying careful attention to how my feet hit the floor/pavement while walking to and from the office - or up the stairs.

What do you think are ways you could practice being in your body more?

I think there is some truth to this for sure.
Especially when it comes to feelings and emotion, arguably more feminine traits as well.
I have found it hugely difficult to root myself to earth but the expression 'think globally (or bigger), act locally' rings true.
In the Western World, it can be difficult to root oneself without feeling as though one is giving the status quo your tacit approval.
But to examine ones' culture can lead to opening one of the biggest can of worms ever possible in the human experience.

That's why balance does seem to be the optimal path but beginning with really aquainting oneself with the immediate environment and really build up a knowledge base of what exactly you are involved in. This knowledge base can be practical and for most people it is to the point of unconsciousness - very rooted but at the mercy of their subconscious.

I am the opposite. Not rooted much at all and lacking in practical experience and, really, a certain level of ability to 'get by' in a culture that I don't reasonate with.
Luckily, there is 'freedom' if not the funding to make it possible to experience that abstract freedom.
But the potential is there and that is more than most have and I think it will be possible to come to some sort of truce with this society within myself.

I think there is some truth to this for sure.
Especially when it comes to feelings and emotion, arguably more feminine traits as well.
I have found it hugely difficult to root myself to earth but the expression 'think globally (or bigger), act locally' rings true.
In the Western World, it can be difficult to root oneself without feeling as though one is giving the status quo your tacit approval.
But to examine ones' culture can lead to opening one of the biggest can of worms ever possible in the human experience.

That's why balance does seem to be the optimal path but beginning with really aquainting oneself with the immediate environment and really build up a knowledge base of what exactly you are involved in. This knowledge base can be practical and for most people it is to the point of unconsciousness - very rooted but at the mercy of their subconscious.

I am the opposite. Not rooted much at all and lacking in practical experience and, really, a certain level of ability to 'get by' in a culture that I don't reasonate with.
Luckily, there is 'freedom' if not the funding to make it possible to experience that abstract freedom.
But the potential is there and that is more than most have and I think it will be possible to come to some sort of truce with this society within myself.

Did you know that one can find joy more often when they practice mindfulness?

Yes. ...even I am finding more and more joy as I practice mindfully focusing my attention on it. It can be quite amazing at times. Even [MENTION=5297]Neverwhere[/MENTION] admitted she turned her day around by intentional focusing her awareness on trees. Admittedly she went outdoors to see one/some....but I wonder if one could accomplish the same "experience" with plants in the home. Hmmm...Bonsai?

Another thought.... Yes... I suppose intentionally increasing awareness in one's surroundings would perhaps be undesirable. Being more aware of my body has been beneficial for me. I still encounter some judgment...but who doesn't? I'm learning to see it more readily and that gives me a chance to practice letting it go. The great part is my body feels incredible when my awareness is totally curious and really observing and feeling many aspects of me. At the same time my only thinking is "wowwwww....this feels incredibly goooood". Not - omg look at all of your wrinkles. Nor...thoughts of I don't move like I used to. Just..."Oh mannn....this feels good!"

Who cares if you have practical experience? Since it appears you can function without any - forget about them - start focusing on impractical experience.

As for not rooted - paying careful attention to different parts of your body will root you quickly and firmly. It sort of forces your mind to stop thinking - and start curiously looking - sensing (with all of your sense organs) - intuiting.

Root:under-active(-69%)
Sacral:under-active(-44%)
Navel:under-active(-6%)
Heart:open(19%)
Throat:over-active(88%)
Third Eye:over-active(61%)
Crown:open(25%)

I have no idea what this means.

Root:under-active(-56%)
Sacral:under-active(0%)
Navel:under-active(-62%)
Heart:under-active(0%)
Throat:open(6%)
Third Eye:over-active(62%)

Well that's depressing. And kind of expected. Meh.

Root:under-active(-69%)
Sacral:under-active(-44%)
Navel:under-active(-6%)
Heart:open(19%)
Throat:over-active(88%)
Third Eye:over-active(61%)

There are descriptions in the first post (and all over the net) :smile:

There are descriptions in the first post (and all over the net) :smile:

Information is not knowledge. I meant why are all my bottom chakras underactive and all my upper chakras over active/open? What is up with that?

Root: under-active (00%)

Sacral: open (31%)

Navel: open (19%)

Heart: over-active (75%)

Third Eye: over-active (81%)

Crown: open (38%)

If you tend to be fearful or nervous, your Root chakra is probably under-active. You'd easily feel unwelcome.
If you tend to be stiff and unemotional or have a "poker face," the Sacral chakra is under-active. You're not very open to people.
When the Navel chakra is under-active, you tend to be passive and indecisive. You're probably timid and don't get what you want.
((Throat))
If this chakra is over-active, you tend to speak too much, usually to domineer and keep people at a distance. You're a bad listener if this is the case.
((Third Eye))
If this chakra is over-active, you may live in a world of fantasy too much. In excessive cases halucinations are possible.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/introduction.php

edit: my bad for not reading before posting

Information is not knowledge. I meant why are all my bottom chakras underactive and all my upper chakras over active/open? What is up with that?

Well, I am the same.
I think the the kind of energy that concentrates at chakras and causes issues manifest as what we would recognise as 'symptoms' and general behaviour.
I can have some insight into why I am like the way I am but it just requires looking directly at the things that have shaped you...consciously and unconsciously.
The things that have really formed you unconsciously can be embarrassing and that they can have had such a profound effect on your being can feel ridiculous from a more conscious perspective but it is possible to regain balance, I think.

Root: under-active (0%)
Sacral: under-active (6%)
Navel: under-active (-12%)
Heart: open (56%)
Third Eye: open (56%)
Crown: open (50%)

Root: under-active (-6%)
Sacral: under-active (6%)
Navel: open (19%)
Heart: open (19%)
Throat: open (56%)