Celebrity personas | INFJ Forum

Celebrity personas

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
I've always been curious about the personas celebrities use to promote their image, products, talents, etc.

Some use a very over the top but every entertaining style to get and keep their fan's interest and subsequently, make more money. Other celebrities actually are more more known for their low-key image or style.

These personas are often constructed to create an impression and elicit a response that will get them more attention and recognition which usually leads to a bigger bottom line.

So, i'm curious about what makes a celebrity's persona appealing or interesting? And why are they effective or not effective?

I think a good example is Joaquin Phoenix's social experimental documentary showing the effect of a change in a celebrity's image and the impact on the public's perception, public image, success, reputation, etc.

Another interesting figure is Lady Gaga - one of the most successful singers to have a highly promoted and marketable persona which she brands in her music, fashions, image, etc.

Well it seems as if the public enjoys some egotism and a little bit of "Eccentricity", however if you get too weird it starts to freak people out. I mean I think before his death Michael Jackson for example was a little too weird for people and felt like he compromised safety. People want strange and safe from their celebrities in my opinion because it allows them to live vicariously through the actions of those celebrities in question. Celebrities tend to represent what people may become in a society with no rules, a society where we wouldn't have to worry about maintaining a squeaky clean image in order to survive and make money to live off of. It's an escape from that in my opinion.