Career Switch? | INFJ Forum

Career Switch?

PintoBean

Site Supporter
May 18, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Have you had a major career switch? As in switched jobs or professional goals in a way that surprised others? What motivated it? Are you happy with your decision? Please describe the transition with as much detail as you feel comfortable.

Went from being bossed to being boss.

I had to cut back on frivolous stuff, however I'm much happier doing what I love as opposed to working in an office. Now less is more. :)

Studied and certified to be a forensic Anthropologist.

Took time off to teach.

Now I'm a Strategic Analyst.

Basically I needed a job that could support my family, provide benefits, and that I wasn't passionate about so I could leave work at work. I miss anthropology and teaching but I'm an amazing analyst so it's a nice feeling to excel at my job.

Studied and certified to be a forensic Anthropologist.

Took time off to teach.

Now I'm a Strategic Analyst.

Basically I needed a job that could support my family, provide benefits, and that I wasn't passionate about so I could leave work at work. I miss anthropology and teaching but I'm an amazing analyst so it's a nice feeling to excel at my job.
Forensic Anthropology sounds so interesting. Want kind of work did you do? Glad you like your new career as well!

Reactions: Sandie33
i graduated as a B.S in Computer Science.. i was a programmer..

now i'm a pre-school teacher/English tutor/Sourcing Analyst. I wasn't happy being a programmer, the pay was good but it made me more anti social. it took me almost a year before i got the pre-school teacher job. the English tutor is just online (through skype with Japanese students)

i very much happy with my teaching jobs. although, it was the other way around for the suprised part... everyone thought i'd take up Education but went to Programming instead.. but then again i came back to what i'm passionate about. :)