Career Plans? | INFJ Forum

Career Plans?

Pearlapidot

Jan 31, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
I am currently finishing up to get my General Studies degree so I can graduate, find a job, and make enough money so that I can pay for the Medical Billing and Coding program at my college. I do not want to put all of the pressure on my parents to pay for it. I agreed to help them with it with my money as well as it is pretty pricey.

I thought about medical billing and coding because its a work from home gig and I love data entry. To me, it's so zen. I'm sure there's more to it than that, though. I know there is lot to learn. Those are just my impressions. Why are you interested in pursuing it?

Last edited:
Reactions: knight in battle
Sounds like a plan.

As for balancing your contribution towards paying, I think you should set a budget: not in terms of dollars, but in terms of how much time you can set aside for contributing to fees. If you decide 20hrs' worth of pay per week, let the salary/wage decide how much you contribute - otherwise you might wreck yourself for a very short-term goal.

I am currently finishing up to get my General Studies degree so I can graduate, find a job, and make enough money so that I can pay for the Medical Billing and Coding program at my college. I do not want to put all of the pressure on my parents to pay for it. I agreed to help them with it with my money as well as it is pretty pricey.

Just as a warning, many of these programs are outrageously expensive for the pay one will make and slim chances of career advancement. The programs use predatory lending methods, leaving relatively low-income earners in debt for ages.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
The best career plan involves knowing or getting to know wealthy people, or building your own empire. Everything else is a rat race.

Reactions: knight in battle
The best career plan involves knowing or getting to know wealthy people, or building your own empire. Everything else is a rat race.

Maybe. I had this rich guy commission me to write a book for his yacht club (my old professor recommended me). But he was such an ass. When he asked what I did for a living and I told him he made fun of me and scoffed, "You want to be poor and help people, you should have been a nun!" (Btw his house smelled like dog piss.) I'm sure not all wealthy people are jerks, but it was kind of eye opening that someone in a much higher tax bracket was laughing at people who worked in human services. Don't sell your soul for a career.

Last edited:
Those things too are rat races: people scurrying and jumping over each other to get the cheese.

Regular rat race:
images

Empire building rat race:
mouse-and-cheese-02.jpg

Reactions: #@&5&49
For me it's get my bachelor degree, land a job for a bit then go freelance from home. Split up my freelance work with fishponds on my land to sell fish to the germans after growing them, and grow my own food as well. I intend to further supplement it through my other creative interests and as many as possible projects that can generate me some relatively passive income.

When I got enough, I intend to buy and rent out some student rooms as well in student cities for some more relatively passive income, to the point that I don't have that much to do and can just focus on living life to the fullest. I don't trust where the economy is heading and as such choose a direction that will offer me the diversity I seek and a modular set of income sources so as to not be screwed if one or the other doesn't do that well for a while. As for the passive, well if all goes to hell, people still need to pay rent to have a place to live, so its a fairly safe income source, and the more passive income you have the more you can focus solely on that which you want to do rather than what you need to do to get enough money to pay the bills and somewhere in between sneak in a moment or two to live life.

Perhaps I am selfish, because I want it all, Stability regardless of the times and an income with relatively little time and energy invested in it.

Hmm have you considered learning the relevant coding skills on the internet before going? coding is very much like art in the way that there are a lot of good free instructions and tutorials to be followed on the internet for the more common languages. It would ensure you know that what you intend to study is what you like without spending a huge amount of money on it before knowing that (something you can only know by doing it) and if you do like it, you will have built up your skills well enough to have an easier time in college. (Just an idea)

Something that also helps is getting the relevant books for the program/study and working your way through them. Assuming they're relevant ofc. which in the case of most creative persuits means they're not really that relevant :p But yeah, I really recommend starting off with some good free online courses/tutorials/instruction videos and possibly aqquiring additional ebooks on the subjects on the internet. Coding and digital art can be learned for free and degrees dont really mean that much in it if you can display a high level of skill.

Medical billing and coding is not something you need to go to school for.

I lack a career. Will I ever find one? Don't know and don't really care. Can't you be happy without a real career? I think so. I hope so as well.

I lack a career. Will I ever find one? Don't know and don't really care. Can't you be happy without a real career? I think so. I hope so as well.

Career INFJ?

I'm actually a career counselor. In all seriousness you should contact your local unemployment office to see if they would pay for you to complete the program. I know my office uses federal grant money to put people through all types of training. The more people I put through, the better I look to my manager so dont be afraid that they might think youre not a good candidate.