Can your MBTI change? | INFJ Forum

Can your MBTI change?

Svitkona

Jul 5, 2017
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Hey everyone! I am 39--and have always scored INFJ on most personality tests. My question is, can you ever change personality types? I used to fit the INFJ mold much more when I was young. In the last 10-15 yrs I have really evolved as a person. For example,

I am much more extroverted. 49% extrovert, 51% introvert, and in the last year or two I have wondered if my extroversion is overcoming my introversion. I really love people and enjoy being around them!

However, I would not say that the ENFJ personality type fits me when I look at the description.

I would also say that I am starting to fit more into the P category than the J. I struggle with being on time, planning ahead, and being organized. However, if I was to read the ENFP description, I am definitely more organized than them! I do have goals that I want to work towards.

What do you guys think? Am I still an INFJ? I am a little sad because the INFJ stereotypes just don't apply to me as much anymore. I definately not a longer, I have lots of friends (but only a couple who really really know all of me), and I really enjoy social occasions. I definitely still want to pursue a higher purpose and meaning in my life.

Your thoughts please!

Reactions: Gaze
As I recall you can't by definition change your MBTI type, you can only become more balanced and improve on other aspects of yourself as you get older. Personally I care to disagree with that notion though - that you can't change. There's no need to shoe yourself into some description that just doesn't feel 100%.

As for your thoughts on E vs I, and P vs J, I can only say that types such as ENFP and ENFJ differ much more than what that last letter might entail. If you're interested in the differences you could look into what is called cognitive functions in MBTI, and you'll find that say ENFP and ENFJ have very little in common in terms of cognitive function.

Reactions: Svitkona