Can you read personalities just by looks? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Can you read personalities just by looks?

jsiurc.jpg

Sensitive type. Well brought up. Set in her ways and very particular about certain details, such as how she should be served at a bank counter or hotel reception. Drives a respectable, well maintained car. Keeps beautiful roses and hedges in her front yard. Values dignity, will not bear an insult. Reads magazines in bed. Loves maltese terriers.

Reactions: CindyLou
Just a small exercise for all who are interested in reading a person :)
What are your suggestions which types the following pictures have and why?
(of course you can talk about other things as well like if you'd date them or anything :) )

1.)
facial-expression-analysis-1.jpg

2.)
Skin-Color-Gene-Across-Global-Populations-Reveal-Shared-Origins-2vwnn232ifjsb81rg5zvnk.jpg

3.)
SqPzZcY.jpg

These do not look like people being themselves. If you were to hand me a picture of some (literally put it in my hand and let me touch it and concentrate on it) then, yes. I would be able to tell you about that person.

It was pointed out to me by my (former) boss that I had an uncanny ability to read people going way passed what was presented on the surface. He would be blown away by my insights but I would always end up being right on target. I almost felt like I was his fortune teller, lol. On one occasion, someone was talking about astrology and I perked up and told him that I was into natal charts and I was able to guess people's signs accurately (by holding a picture or one-on-one). He wanted me to guess his. Scorpio was my guess and I was right (I also added a possible moon in sag...we looked it up and I was right). He then surprised me and handed me a picture of his fiancés daughter to test me out. I held the picture, felt it...told him: "She has a softness to her and I want to say Cancer but I am detecting fire. She is a firecracker." Of course I went into more detail but I ended with: She is an Aries with a Moon in Cancer. He was blown away. She was an Aries! We then checked her chart and the moon was in cancer.

I usually keep my insights to myself though. I have a habit of reading a person as a whole instead of just the good aspects of their personality. Not everyone loves to have their dark side/secrets exposed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandie33
someone has never heard the saying "you can't judge a book by its cover"

During reading time at school, my friend and I would get a few books and literally judge them by their covers, "this one is a bit too blue for my liking, and that font for the title... poor choice". 'Twas fun.
-
I get a feel from the picture, and sometimes if I get a similar feel from what I get from a particular person, I will make the assumption that they are probably the same MBTI type.

Reactions: RyuTech and acd
Skin-Color-Gene-Across-Global-Populations-Reveal-Shared-Origins-2vwnn232ifjsb81rg5zvnk.jpg

INTP. She appears studious, determined, focused, protective or guarded, doesn't take crap from anyone mostly because she avoids drama and thinks fights or conflicts are silly. She's not going to waste her time in a fight. But something tells me, you don't want to cross her either. She will defend against douches or idiots. So, she doesn't like confrontation but stand up for herself if she's provoked. She seems to enjoy joking around or play fighting with friends for family. Appears very intelligent in academics and extremely socially aware. Direct and honest about her views. She will tell you what she feels or thinks if asked. She's not going to pretty up the truth for anyone. She will give you brutal honesty if you want it. However, she doesn't seem to be the one who would initiate a conversation. She may be a bit reserved or shy. She appears to be the kind of person who is smarter than everyone, but stays under the radar, and may be easily underestimated because of appearance. The quirk of her lips and narrow intensity of her eyes suggest she has a quirky or slightly weird sense of humor. Her eyes also suggest she has a secret or mystery, and she'll expect you to figure out, because she's not telling you. Makes her interesting. She doesn't seem to give herself away easily, However, when she's comfortable with someone, she lets it all hang out. However, she's very selective about friends or acquaintances. Gives her an appeal or attractiveness others may not have. She doesn't appear easy to impress although she's quick to laugh at something she finds funny. Extremely self aware and doesn't buy into snake oils easily. Huge skeptic, somewhat cynical. Can't convince her of things she doesn't believe or haven't thought out herself. Requires great deal of burden of proof to change her mind. She's actually a fun person, and a highly observant. She'll notice things others won't. She's also quite curious about people's responses. She's a little mischievous and will throw things out there just to see how someone will respond, just for the fun of it.

@RyuTech