Community Member
Sep 19, 2010
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
8W9
I just recieved an iPod touch for my birthday! :D

But. I am clueless.

I am Windows born and raised and this is my first (ahem, modern) Apple product (I once had an antique Apple IIe I would make little programs on, but they don't play music or do anything...).

I was planning on using Windows Media Player but, for sake of ease and stuff, I may just give up and use iTunes. But, I am a little scared that it'll affect my music library (which is also my entire family's music library). Also, I am planning to use Amazon for purchasing music, as I have been doing since about 2005. Last, all of my music is in mp3 format, and I don't know if iPod can take it.

So, my questions:

1) Will iTunes affect my music library?
2) Can I use Amazon to download music?
3) Does mp3 work with iPod?

No, yes and yes.
You'll only have to add your amazon purchased folder to iTunes, then sync the iPod with iTunes

No, yes and yes.
You'll only have to add your amazon purchased folder to iTunes, then sync the iPod with iTunes

Thank you so much! :D

iTunes is an awful program - not user friendly at all, but it shouldn't mess up your existing library. The iPod Touch, however, is the most handy device ever made. EVER. I always recommend syncing manually because I loathe auto-syncing. If you want to do it...

Search out your music with it using Edit -> Add Folder to Library (or one of the other ones).

Then, once you've plugged your ipod in, look for it on the left under "devices" - Select it and check the "Manually manage music and videos" thing.

iptouch1.jpg

Then just click and drag from your library to your ipod! Tada! MOVES TO IPOD!!!

iptouch2.jpg