Bump stocks for guns | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Bump stocks for guns

We also need to give the admin staff guns in case the teachers go crazy, and the principal needs guns in case the admin staff goes crazy, and the superintendent needs guns in case the principal goes crazy. They will all need training in defending the school from each other. Problem solved. #yourewelcome

Don’t forget where they will store the guns?
Locked up...where?
How?
Does every teacher have one?
Do only a few teachers have them?
Do the other teachers know who has them or is that secret?
Do you think any black teachers will volunteer to carry a gun?
What happens to the gun carrying teachers when the cops show up - how can they tell who is who?
What happens when a teacher accidentally shoots themselves (as has already happened), or a student?
Or God forbid a student is smart enough to get into the gun safe - which some kid will inevitably do if they can already hack their grades.
Do the guns go home at night?
With whom?
Who is paying to train the teachers?
Who is paying for the insurance the school will have to carry for said guns?
Paying for the guns themselves?
Just like you said, what happens when one of these gun toting teachers has a bad day and goes “postal”?

The logistics of it are far more complicated than gun nuts seem to think.

Last edited:

Reactions: Wildfire and the
Why does the black guy have linked ammunition for a magazine fed weapon?

Maybe the .50 cal mounted on the back of his jeep?

Reactions: Icedream
those aren't .50 cal rounds

I didn’t look that closely....
Maybe to look cool?
Why is his gun plastic?

Reactions: acd
I didn’t look that closely....
Maybe to look cool?
Why is his gun plastic?
Thats+not+a+gif+youre+a+phony+thats+right+a+_a5c5b6ddd3ceb2fbc43e4a0a809aab37.jpg

Ok...7.62 linked rounds are the closest...but yes, the gun is phony...as is the ammo...as is the sketch.

Reactions: Wildfire and Wyote
That’s great and all, except your love of shooting is costing other people their lives. No, you’re not pulling the trigger, but your unwillingness to limit your own pleasure is kind of the heart of the issue. The traders on Wall Street loved, and still love, taking risk. It’s fun. I get it. You feel like stricter gun laws is a punishment. I get it. I just feel sorry for all the people dead and will die because of it.

I was thinking a lot about this since I last posted so you beat me to it. This mentality is very self absorbed and self centered. I say this because punishing gun owners is actually not part of the argument for greater control over gun access. The argument for controlling gun access is to decrease violent firearm fatalities. Balanced against this is the enjoyment of gun owners. Gun owners would have to show that their pleasure is somehow a more meaningful consideration in this argument than limiting violent firearm fatalities. I don't understand how they can do that. I don't think they can do that. So instead they bring out this idea that it's about punishing them.

The more I look the more there seems to be this kind of false logic from the gun lobby. I mean it's technically logically correct that it's wrong to punish everyone for the trangressions of a few, except that this isn't at all the issue here. It's technically correct that correlation does not equal causation - ie. that guns don't kill, people do - except that the gun access is so intensely well correlated with violent firearm fatalities that actual causation is completely unimportant.

The 2nd Amendment is clear so talk away, in the end it means nothing.

Reactions: the
The school resource officer was armed and trained to intervene in this type of situation.. or they were there to intervene. They did not. I'm not going to demonize that person for failing to act, though (like our president is). But it is just crazy to me to expect that teachers who are not there to engage in a standoff with a shooter will be able to correctly respond. People in the US like to believe they would go all John McClane in a situation like this and then they expect that others should be able to do the same. It's totally unrealistic to just expect that teachers will overcome instinctive responses to crisis with a few hours of training. Police get intensive training on this and many still struggle to overcome these instincts. You don't know what you would do in a life or death situation. I always thought I would go down fighting or at least be able to react quick enough to get away from a dangerous situation until something happened to me and I froze and was helpless to do anything.

Agree very much with what you've written. There are way too many variables at work in this situation and the resources don't exist to control those variables in any reliably predictable way. And plus, as you suggest, we are only these flawed human creatures.

I think it was Joe Strummer who asked: "When they kick at your front door how you gonna come? With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?"