Building a wall. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Building a wall.

The problem here is not the influx of undocumented children it's the fact that funding gets cut based on the results of standardized testing. That is another bad idea forwarded by republicans under President Bush.
I can't help but see these things through my feeling lens. How can anyone turn away children in need? Families in need? If it were my family and I and we were in that situation, I wouldn't hesitate to do anything in my power to get my children to what I imagined was a safe haven. I understand the need to protect the border from enemies. I understand that an influx of migrants or refugees causes economic strain on citizens. But Jesus Christ. We're people here. There has to be a better way to figure this thing out than spending billions of dollars to build an (ineffective) wall.

I can't help but see these things through my feeling lens.

I understand that an influx of migrants or refugees causes economic strain on citizens. But Jesus Christ. We're people here.

The thing is you don't really need a feeling lens because this notion of an economic strain isn't actually real. In fact these immigrants are generally a benefit to an economy because they help create jobs, and take unwanted low pay jobs that help keep the cost of goods down. When there are problems with immigrants it generally has more to do with the locals anger and refusal to help them assimilate more than it does with the immigrants unwillingness to try.

Reactions: magister343
Forcing people to get visas will only help to protect them from exploitation by employers North of the border. I can't imagine that the intention will be to reduce the unskilled workforce significantly, which will require an easing of visa restrictions and expenses for legitimate workers from down South.

I'm consistently astounded that anybody could honestly believe that one country can 'force' another sovereign nation to pay for something. It can either negotiate with the other country or declare war, but there is no legal authority over sovereign nations. It's one of the stupidest statements I've ever heard.