Balance personal and social time | INFJ Forum

Balance personal and social time

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
How do you balance me-time or personal/alone time with time spent with friends, family, or partners? How often do you schedule time for yourself and hangout time with everyone else? How do you satisfy your introvert me-time needs with the demands of a busy social or work life?

Last edited:
This is simple. When I feel like hanging out with others I do, when I don't I dont.

How do you balance me-time or personal/alone time with time spent with friends, family, or partners?
I do my best in all things. I occasionally fail in this area because of how accommodating Fe can be. But I like to think that I've gotten better at this over the years. I used to tell myself that it's no crime to take the time you need in order to be the person you want to be. This is normal. Such things are to be expected from an introvert and if someone else can't understand your own self-perceived needs... Chances are they don't understand YOU and are only thinking about themselves. Because if you can't be you without down time... A true friend will understand that and respect your needs.

How often do you schedule time for yourself and hangout time with everyone else?
It really does depend here... *not at all shocked by that, my own response* Because of my vocation I actually consider myself to be even more of a hermit when it comes to my friendships. By the time I get back to my place... I usually end up closing the door to the world and escaping into something like a verse or a good conversation (from a distance of course). This has lead to my people naming me as the most spontaneous person in our group. When in reality... It's not spontaneity in my eyes. I think that they're just fail to recognize that an optimistic day of perceived progress (for me) usually correlates in me being more sociable and energetic.

Friend: "What are you up to tonight?"

Me after a day filled with change, adaptation and unforeseen surprises: "Nothing much. Going home. Really want pizza but abs are a thing...."
Vs.
Me after a day of everything going according to plan: "I'm not sure. But I'm open to ideas!?! Wanna go see a movie or something!?!"

How do you satisfy your introvert me-time needs with the demands of a busy social or work life?
I tell the important people that I'm going into stasis. And then I close the door to the world. Or walk. Or throw something. Or do whatever I think that I must to acquire a peace of mind. Sometimes is spiritual. Sometimes it's artistic. As always... It... De... Pends...

I learned to say, "No" and speak up when people take advantage of me, or my time. That kind of confrontation was not easy to learn, but necessary. I then moved far away from most people I know, so I have to schedule time with them. I see people less often, but my time with them is more constructive.

I work hard to do whatever the fuck I want. Most people in my life have burned me. My expectations are high for a reason. It's a good balancer.

I do limit my social circle. Too many people to account to and I'm overwhelmed :D. But I see my bff about once or twice a week, just to chill, take a load of and vent about stuff. It helps, really does. I don't do a lot of larger social events, but I do plan social meetups occasionally, mostly for books or movie meetups, which on average are about once or twice a month.

I work hard to do whatever the fuck I want. Most people in my life have burned me. My expectations are high for a reason. It's a good balancer.

The Good, The Bad, and The Wyote.

The Good, The Bad, and The Wyote.

There are far too many great ways I could respond to this

1854b6dc61ce93084b2fb28fdf8b7ee0.png

Reactions: invisible and Asa