Baby the stars shine bright... | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Baby the stars shine bright...

I'm in Britain in the northern hemisphere Sandie. Though with the current heat it feels almost like South America !

I can't take the heat. I have pale Celtic skin my DNA is not built for it. Lol.

I hope you're well. :)
;) put ice cubes in your socks & pockets...it's been working for me, don't worry what the neighbors say, sad humid 90's here for the past week! Lots of sunscreen for that fair skin, I'm copper skin, all that Native American blood, I brown up like a biscut, lol.

I'm well, took a day off and rested, dod nothing but breathing. Now it's back to work. Hope you are well too ❤ Try the egg---it's a gas!

Keep one eye on the stars ☆ tc

Just finished reading this thread. Thanks for posting so much interesting information James. I have found (over time) that my interest has gradually shifted further outside the solar system. Blackholes with event horizons, Supernova, Gravitational waves, and the expansion of the universe.

All of this information continues to flood in and as it is ingested, I can feel myself getting a little smaller. However, there is a great freedom that comes with all of this knowledge.

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41956191

View attachment 38622

As they wake up on Monday morning, those with a clear view will be able to see Venus and Jupiter aligned together.

The planets will appear together in the south-east, just above the horizon.

In the UK, the best viewing time will be 40 minutes before sunrise. Viewed from London, the planets should appear just before 0600 GMT with conjunction occurring just after.

Experts say they will be so close as to appear almost on top of each other, perhaps looking like one bright star.

Clear skies are needed - and forecast for much of England and Wales. The sun will not rise until around 0715 GMT, meaning there will be plenty of time to view the spectacle before the sky brightens too much.

While the planets will be visible to the naked eye, viewers with a telescope will also be able to see Jupiter's four Galilean moons.

The planets will be seen best by those in mid-northern latitudes around the world, including the UK and northern US.

Observers will have to have an uninterrupted view to the south-east as the planets will be very low in the sky. Those on high ground have the best chance of seeing the conjunction.

Robert Massey, acting executive director of the Royal Astronomical Society said binoculars could be be used to get a better view before the sun rose above the horizon.

However, he warned people not to do this after sunrise, as it could be dangerous.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it would be about this obscure Japanese loli fashion brand. http://www.babyssb.co.jp/online-store/
I was prepared to be disappointed.. but was pleasantly surprised instead. Thank you for this thread James.

Astronomy is one of those profoundly interesting and important fields of study. And even from a purely 'artistic' point of view, looking at pictures taken by the Hubble is awe inducing. Especially the Hubble deep field. Just wow. So many galaxies, in an 'empty' part of the sky. I have no words.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it would be about this obscure Japanese loli fashion brand. http://www.babyssb.co.jp/online-store/

Ha ha, that's bizarre! Lol :)

No I borrowed the thread title, from an Everything but the Girl album. I'm glad you liked it. Astronomy is an incredible thing. I read NASA have recently fired some thrusters on Voyager 1, not used since the 80s. They still worked.

It's now 13 billion miles away. I wish we could see all the sights, it will see.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/us/voyager-1-thrusters-fired-first-time-since-1980/index.html

http://www.space.com/39458-super-blue-blood-moon-eclipse-best-viewing.html

Skywatching
The Best Places to See the Super Blue Blood Moon Eclipse of Jan. 31
by Samantha Mathewson, Space.com Contributor |January 23, 2018 01:17pm ET

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA3My81MDMvb3JpZ2luYWwvc3VwZXJtb29uLmpwZw==

A "Super Blue Blood Moon" will light the skies over Alaska, Hawaii and western North America Jan. 31, 2018. Original Image
Credit: NASA

FEOP3nhZ-720.jpg
Skywatchers in Alaska, the Hawaiian islands and the western part of North America will have the best view of the rare "Super Blue Blood Moon" in the early morning of Jan. 31.

This spectacular lunar event features the second full moon of the month, also known as a Blue Moon. The event will coincide with a total lunar eclipse, which is often referred to as a "blood moon" because the moon turns a reddish or copper color when it passes through Earth's shadow.

What's more, the Jan. 31 full moon occurs during perigee — the moon's closest approach to Earth in a single orbit, which means that its diameter will appear about 7 percent larger and 14 percent brighter than usual, making it a supermoon. This is the first time in more than 150 years that the three lunar events will coincide, according to a statement from NASA. [Super Blue Blood Moon 2018: When, Where and How to See It]

"For the [continental] U.S., the viewing will be best in the West," Gordon Johnston, program executive and lunar blogger at NASA headquarters in Washington, said in the statement. "Set your alarm early and go out and take a look."

supermoon.jpg

A "Super Blue Blood Moon" will light the skies over Alaska, Hawaii and western North America Jan. 31, 2018. Original Image
On Jan. 31, the Super Blue Blood Moon will be visible before sunrise in North America, Alaska and Hawaii. However, viewers in the Middle East, Asia, eastern Russia, Australia and New Zealand will see the Super Blue Blood Moon during moonrise in the morning, according to the NASA statement.

Specifically, skywatchers on the West Coast of the United States will see the lunar eclipse begin at 3:48 a.m. PST. Totality will start around 4:51 a.m. PST and last until 6:05 a.m. PST. Viewers in this area will experience the lunar eclipse from start to finish, as long as it isn't a cloudy morning, according to the statement.

lunar_eclipse_01182018a.jpg

Stages of the total lunar eclipse Jan. 31, 2018. All times are PST. Original Image
For viewers in New York, Washington and other areas of the U.S. East Coast, the window of opportunity to see the lunar eclipse won't be as large.

"Unfortunately, eclipse viewing will be more challenging in the Eastern Time zone," Johnston said in the statement. "The eclipse begins at 5:51 a.m. ET.

When ever the moon is talked about I hear Frank....one of the best love songs ever ;)
A must see...
Where our Moon is located in our natal chart in astrology shines light on what drives us in daily life, just like its impact on the tides of Earth, it influences us humans as well. Especially so in our communications with others and how we present our Self publically. :D
http://astrology.care/moon.html

Music? Okay fine, but then at least post scientifically accurate music.

I suppose this would also be a good time to market a little research. *Ahum*

Are you dreading the meaninglessness of your existence? Do you have more free time than you know what to do with? Well my friend, you and I are the same. And luckily for you, I happen have the answer. Become a part of the greatest human enterprise there ever was! Cause you too can contribute to science. Just open up your favorite web browser*, navigate to Planet Hunters, and help find exoplanets in the safety of your own home! Try it now, at PlanetHunters.org.
https://www.planethunters.org/#/

*YMMV. If you use Internet Explorer, you only have yourself to blame.

(Of course I run a dedicated Kepler server myself, cause it's just way quicker. See https://keplerscience.arc.nasa.gov/data-products.html if you're interested in that.)

I know this photo is sort of "controversial" but it's awesome regardless. We need more space stuff like this, Musk knows what he's doing.
#MakeSpaceGreatAgain
teslaspace-800x600.jpg