Awesome People Ramble Thread

Hoodie

Community Member
May 11, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Err
SO I don't know about you guys but I really like gushing over awesome people. Who do you get along with best? Who do you think sees you better than anyone else? Is there someone that really inspires you? Someone that's a huge role model for you?

There's this one friend I have who I met online (and unfortunately I haven't ever met him in person--- yet) about a year and a half ago I think. He's six years older than me and just the most beautiful and most interesting creature. When I first met him, I thought he was an absolute troll- he was taking an article that someone else had wrote about mistakes and how it's not the end of the world when you make a mistake, and basically disagree with the whole thing in jest-- but rather rudely. I find it funny now because I know what he's just a tease and everyone else on that site knows as well, but at the time it really turned me off him. Then I was in a group chat with him a couple times, and he acted the same way as I'd expect he would- being a troll! Pushing peoples buttons ect. I got in the habit of warning new members that he was just goofball.

Then for whatever reason a thought struck me that perhaps it was a bit of a show he was putting on, and I wondered if he'd be the same one-on-one. So I messaged him and eventually asked what his favourite movie was. I don't remember the title of the movie because it's long and in another language but I DO remember that I thought he was pulling my leg because I'd never heard of it before and he said it was about art and was one of the most beautiful movies he'd ever seen- language that I wasn't used to him using. I eventually realized that he wasn't kidding, and that he really /was/ different one-on-on.

I have to admit I've had a crush or two on this man (no longer, but I love him dearly). I wish so many people could meet him. I told him I had a crush on him when I did and the response he gave me was so sweet, so heartfelt and kind that I just about died. Somehow he managed to tell me he didn't like me back and make me love him more in the same email.

I'm not sure what else to say but I just wanted a thread to gush about awesome people. Feel free to guuuuush your hearts out!

Thankfully I love gushing and rambling about the awesomeness of those I know, but I like to have a certain degree of anonymity, for their sake.

I have this amazing friend who is seriously an angel in disguise. She has a soul of pure light, oozes genuine kindness and compassion, and I swear she poops butterflies and flowers bloom at her feet as she walks.

She has an uncanny ability to say exactly what I need to hear when I'm in a bad way, always lends an ear and a shoulder when I need some support, and reciprocates my sometimes questionable sense of humor. Even on days like today when I'm having incredible difficulty articulating my thoughts, she understands exactly what I mean. And many times words aren't even necessary; we can communicate through texting emojis alone.

I've been really sick the past couple of days and she texts me with thoughtful words and cute gifs of silliness to brighten my day even when she's going through a maelstrom of negativity.

I can name a thousand deeds of hers, and yet, it wouldn't be enough to shed light on the fact that she is such a rare and beautiful thing to find in a world filled with so much darkness.

Love you, gurl <3