As an INFJ, would you say that intuition is your strongest point? | INFJ Forum

As an INFJ, would you say that intuition is your strongest point?

Artemisia

Community Member
May 20, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
As an INFJ in my early 30s, I am proudest of my intuitive abilities. I feel that in every situation, my first gut reaction is usually correct although I do not always listen to it.

I am wondering whether this is a general INFJ trait to trust your intuition above logic. Is it?

If you mean taking in information to analyse and synthesize into new concepts and ideas and coming up with conclusions that are sometimes surprising but usually have at least a grain of truth in them, then yes, that is a strong point of mine.

If you mean what some people take as intuition which is just have a feeling and believing in it wholeheartedly without any backing for it, then I use that as a tool to lead me in a direction to then analyse further and come up with something that at least has some rational basis for.

I have a strong balance between feelings and rationality. Completely discounting intuition where you don't know the source of the feeling is not a good idea, but I find that too many people use the term 'intuition' to mean just going with what matches their feelings and those can lead us astray. For me intuition of that kind is just a tool to start me thinking about something, but I always analyse it further. Once I have analysed it further then I can have some surprisingly accurate insights.

I'm not perticularly good at "gut feelings", but I do find myself rather good at knowing such I'm not entirely sure how I know... I just know it, and then I usually find logics to support it.
What my strongest point would be though, I cannot tell.

If you mean taking in information to analyse and synthesize into new concepts and ideas and coming up with conclusions that are sometimes surprising but usually have at least a grain of truth in them, then yes, that is a strong point of mine.

If you mean what some people take as intuition which is just have a feeling and believing in it wholeheartedly without any backing for it, then I use that as a tool to lead me in a direction to then analyse further and come up with something that at least has some rational basis for.

I have a strong balance between feelings and rationality. Completely discounting intuition where you don't know the source of the feeling is not a good idea, but I find that too many people use the term 'intuition' to mean just going with what matches their feelings and those can lead us astray. For me intuition of that kind is just a tool to start me thinking about something, but I always analyse it further. Once I have analysed it further then I can have some surprisingly accurate insights.

This is a good representation.

Exactly.