[INFJ] - As an INFJ Do You Enjoy Writing? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] As an INFJ Do You Enjoy Writing?

geocities...

il_570xN.485692263_itve.jpg

Thanks everyone. It's great to hear what your thoughts are on writing as fellow INFJs.

I actually have a copy of Elements of Style by Strunk and White. It might help me to actually read it, though :)

I must admit, I've enjoyed writing since I was a child. Yet my interest in writing, and its use as a dominant means of self-expression, mainly started when I was 13. I don't think there's been a day since then that I haven't written at least something! It all started with writing down thoughts in a kind of journal - however except for a few exceptions I have never really kept a journal in the typical sense of recording my life events etc. Even though I didn't think of it as poetry at the time, I started off writing what was really lyric based 'poetry' since I was 14, but I only explicitly got into writing poetry since I was 19. I sometimes write articles, and informal or formal essays in my private time (the latter of which are often left half written!). I wouldn't mind writing a play some day. Even though I love art, and need to express myself through it on the odd occasion, writing is almost essential to the way I process and develop thoughts and express my inner-self. Yet I never write so much for the sake of it, only when I feel I have to, or when I simply feel like it. Though either of those two 'moods' comes about pretty much everyday, often several times a day lol

Reactions: Stillwater
Thanks Night Owl. It's great that you found something you enjoy so early in life. I'm not sure yet where I'll go with writing but I recently
read that reading literature is good for INFJs. I may look into this. So much of my reading now is about INFJs and development :)

Reactions: Night Owl
I enjoy writing. It helps me to clarify my emotions and feelings. I often begin to write a journal and than something happens; my energy fizzles out or something. I will continue trying but I feel I lack the discipline required. My prefered outlet is music.