Anyone Here In Tourist Or Travel Industry? | INFJ Forum

Anyone Here In Tourist Or Travel Industry?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What's your experience in tourism or travel industry? Do you enjoy it? What are the pros and cons?

I am not in travel industry but i love travelling. And although i've only been in my country (we got 7,101 islands, i've been to roughly, 4000 or more) i love it so much. I know it isn't comparable to traveling abroad or other countries but i learned a lot of things. I've lived here my whole life yet, some places and people of different ethnicity amazes me. I plan to travel abroad after i finish on my own country. I feel like i need to explore it here first before appreciating the other countries.

Travelling is my stress reliever, an escape, it makes me relax, specially when i work too much. It helps me just stop thinking and just enjoy, the sceneries, nature, the ocean. It helps me clear out negative thoughts in my head, makes me think clearer and it helps me broaden my views on different kinds of people. I learn diff cultures and traditions.

City living is just very toxic and in rush all the time. When i travel, i try to go to remote areas where i can just truly enjoy and let go without stressing about time and work. And just overall the things that stress me. LOL.

I think the only problem when you travel is when you have to go back to reality. LOL. And also the expenses. (I try to stay somewhere cheaper not first class hotels but still comfortable for me)

I'm currently saving up for more travel experiences in and out of the country. :) my next stop is Canada, last would be Iceland, i want to see the Auroras there. Just STUNNING. Then i can die happily hahaha :D

Reactions: Gaze
I was a flight attendant until 11/2015, eleven years. I don't want to speak negatively, but I'll share an experience from one particular flight. During the course of that flight, I noticed a passenger was reading a handbook about MBTI (I recognized it from having been given the same workbook when my work team and I took the course). I asked him what his connect to MBTI was. He said he's studying to be an MBTI counselor. "Why hadn't I thought of that!" I thought to myself.

Anyway, I told him that I am an INFJ. I must have said it rapidly (I was excited), because the passenger behind him (also from the same workshop), said "that can be right. Not enough letters." I repeated "INFJ" more slowly, and without missing a beat, he said "so you're in the wrong occupation" and went right back to his reading. All I could say was, "finally: someone who knows me..."

I grew a lot in that job in various ways, including character, ability to speak in front people, including angry people or frightened people. I learned to sing confidently in front of people. But I also looked forward to the day I would no longer need that job and would be able to go.

Traveling for work is a whole different animal than traveling for leisure.

Thankfully, by the time I left, I qualified for lifetime flight benefits!

Reactions: Wyote and Gaze