Anyone feel like making an overblown blanket statement w/o fear or reprisal? | INFJ Forum

Anyone feel like making an overblown blanket statement w/o fear or reprisal?

flux

Community Member
Aug 2, 2008
MBTI
INFPerplexed
Well, here goes, and I've not been here for a couple of months so I'm feeling ripe [not rife, ripe] with cross-bred Fi-Fe angst. Everyone notice the grain of salt with which I'm writing this? Because I'm still an INFP who's reasonably close to INFJ (not the other way around). I've thought long and hard about that.

I am so sick to death of INFPs, with a couple of very notable exceptions I'm proud to call friends.

Don't get me wrong. The whiny "save me, the world is against me" rants are still tempting enough that I'll occasionally post one myself. It's the freedom of speech issue that put me over the edge. As a type, we seem to believe that everyone's words have the power to wound us to the core, but yet we don't give a shit about what we say ourselves. I can't deal with that anymore.

I've felt a massive surge of Fe this week. Like INFPs are little plastic game pieces that I can flick off the board, clear across the room.

Damn, that's pretty demented. I should have stopped two paragraphs ago. :)

Last edited:
Must be something in the air.

And all of this precludes the amazing and virtually conflict-free zone known as infpverse.freeforums.org .

I'm talking about that other place. They're not all bad. Many are quite young, lovable, if meek. It's just the opinionated ones . . . like me.

Don't get me wrong. The whiny "save me, the world is against me" rants are still tempting enough that I'll occasionally post one myself. It's the freedom of speech issue that put me over the edge. As a type, we seem to believe that everyone's words have the power to wound us to the core, but yet we don't give a shit about what we say ourselves. I can't deal with that anymore.

Well, I don't know if that's exclusively an INFP trait, but yeah, folks who do that get under my skin too.

And as far as "save me, the world is against me" statements go... We all have moments like this. And they often come bundled with a depressive episode. But when it's all said and done, and the moment or day/week passes, do something about it. In the end, you're the only constant with every situation that goes bad; ergo, if you keep getting the same reactions all the time, there must be something you're doing that making people or situations behave/turn out the way they do. Try to find a solution; and if you don't find one the first time around or the second around, don't give up; keep looking until you get the result you want. If you're just going to give up, or sit there expecting an answer to fall out of the sky (or, better yet, the world to change to your specifications) then the only person you need to have grief with is yourself.

Stop looking for meaning or reasons, and just do what needs to be done before you give yourself anymore reasons to be miserable.

F*** the Po-lice. They all pigs.

The way you described INFPs sounds exactly like the one that I know in real life. There are some good ones on here though.

Well, here goes, and I've not been here for a couple of months so I'm feeling ripe [not rife, ripe] with cross-bred Fi-Fe angst. Everyone notice the grain of salt with which I'm writing this? Because I'm still an INFP who's reasonably close to INFJ (not the other way around). I've thought long and hard about that.

I am so sick to death of INFPs, with a couple of very notable exceptions I'm proud to call friends.

I've felt a massive surge of Fe this week. Like INFPs are little plastic game pieces that I can flick off the board, clear across the room.

Damn, that's pretty demented. I should have stopped two paragraphs ago. :)

This is defiantly a Fe vs Fi issue.

I'm guessing our either a INFP with strong FE or An INFJ with strong Fi.

I know Fi can really get under my skin. And Ne can for that matter too.

This is defiantly a Fe vs Fi issue.

I'm guessing our either a INFP with strong FE or An INFJ with strong Fi.

I know Fi can really get under my skin. And Ne can for that matter too.

That's pretty much what it comes down to, doesn't it? In your text that I've emphasized, I would probably go with the latter. At least it seems to make more sense to me that the Fe is on the side of most of the blow-ups because it feels unheard.

Shai, lol, not fair! Stop researching my psychoses!