Any recommended RPG games? | INFJ Forum

Any recommended RPG games?

Irsyady Hanief

Regular Poster
May 24, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
I finally finished some of my other games, and feeling like playing an RPG. So, any recommendation? I'm not very familiar with RPG and if can please try to recommend free games.

Consoles: Xbox 360, Macbook

Pathfinder

Your choices are a bit limited with a mac. It's unfortunate, but Windows is dominant when it comes to computer gaming.

Planescape: Torment (Mac) is one of the best games I've played, but is very focused on story and exploring ideas. It's combat is quite poor and archaic.
Dragon's Dogma (360) has one of the best combat systems in an RPG, but is very lite on story.
Dragon's Age (360) has a decent story (a bit like Game of Thrones in places) and also a solid combat system.
Skyrim (both) has lots to do, is fun and will eat up hours. It can get repetitive though, after a while every dungeon looks the same and the combat gets dull.
Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas (360) are a bit different from the usual fantasy fare in RPGs as they're set in a post apocalyptic wasteland. Think guns and grenades instead of swords and sorcery. New Vegas (IMO) has a better story and setting. Both have the same combat mechanics.
The Witcher Series (1st mac only, second both) is set in a traditional fantasy world, but uses it to explore social issues and conflicts. Combat system is solid and enjoyable, but not a lot of versatility compared to other RPGs

Your choice really depends on what you want in an RPG, but these are at least a starting point.

Reactions: TinyBubbles
Fall Out 3 is amazing!!
Skyrim is equally fantastic!
The new Final Fantasy is pretty good- more of an MMO though!

Xbox 360
Fable 2 - A great game with open world + great character customization. Lots of great humour and strange situations.
Dragon Age Origins - Definitely the best rpg Ive played on xbox, great story with shades of grey morality and meaningful character development. A must.
Dark Souls - Brutal. Brutal. Brutal. You will DIE The difficulty and openness of the game are wonderful. It takes complete confidence to win, and the victories actually feel like accomplishments. The game also has a wonderful story and background, but you have to discover it yourself, it won't be spoonfed to you. In my opinion the first is leagues better than the second in terms of overall feel, but the second does have significant gameplay improvements.
Mac
The Binding of Isaac - A creepy roguelike that provides hours of fun and challenge.
Dont Starve - Open world survival gameplay. You gather supplies in the day and get massacred by monsters at night.
Torchlight - Better than diablo III and cheaper too! Made by the people who made fate and diablo II.
Crusader Kings II - A medieval political rpg, more about the characters and drama then brute force. Very fun but challenging to learn for those new to the hardcore strategy genre.
Enjoy!

Your choices are a bit limited with a mac. It's unfortunate, but Windows is dominant when it comes to computer gaming.

Planescape: Torment (Mac) is one of the best games I've played, but is very focused on story and exploring ideas. It's combat is quite poor and archaic.
Dragon's Dogma (360) has one of the best combat systems in an RPG, but is very lite on story.
Dragon's Age (360) has a decent story (a bit like Game of Thrones in places) and also a solid combat system.
Skyrim (both) has lots to do, is fun and will eat up hours. It can get repetitive though, after a while every dungeon looks the same and the combat gets dull.
Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas (360) are a bit different from the usual fantasy fare in RPGs as they're set in a post apocalyptic wasteland. Think guns and grenades instead of swords and sorcery. New Vegas (IMO) has a better story and setting. Both have the same combat mechanics.
The Witcher Series (1st mac only, second both) is set in a traditional fantasy world, but uses it to explore social issues and conflicts. Combat system is solid and enjoyable, but not a lot of versatility compared to other RPGs

Your choice really depends on what you want in an RPG, but these are at least a starting point.

Planescape : Torment is an amazing game. I think the story more than makes up for any short comings in combat, which I think the combat system is average at worst.

Planescape : Torment is an amazing game. I think the story more than makes up for any short comings in combat, which I think the combat system is average at worst.

Completely agree and I think that anyone who has an interest in video games should play it. I even enjoyed what combat there was (with a few exceptions such as curst prison), but it might seem slow and out dated to a modern audience

elder scrolls oblivion =) it was my first RPG ever and it holds a special place in my heart.

idk if they have it on mac yet/ever, but Baldur's Gate II was the best RPG of all time.