[INFJ] - am i an infj ? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] am i an infj ?

Mar 13, 2021
MBTI
?
Enneagram
1w9
hello, i am new to the mbti community and just recently got into this bc of my sister, i’ve taken the 16 personality test and that russian website one and all that and i consistently get infj and when i try to accurately type myself with cognitive functions i also get infj, however, up until recently i was kinda? starting to be sure i was an infj until people started saying i’m just trying to be unique..which is far from my case ( i hope )as i am always finding ways to prove myself i’m not an infj bc i don’t want to feel like i’m trying to be “rare”...not sure if that made sense.
i read a lot of stuff on the whole ni and si thing and now i can’t differentiate between ni and si and i’m having a existential crisis bc i rely on these to know who i am ( the complexity of humans obviously can’t be put into types but it helps )
someone smart, pls help

hello, i am new to the mbti community and just recently got into this bc of my sister, i’ve taken the 16 personality test and that russian website one and all that and i consistently get infj and when i try to accurately type myself with cognitive functions i also get infj, however, up until recently i was kinda? starting to be sure i was an infj until people started saying i’m just trying to be unique..which is far from my case ( i hope )as i am always finding ways to prove myself i’m not an infj bc i don’t want to feel like i’m trying to be “rare”...not sure if that made sense.
i read a lot of stuff on the whole ni and si thing and now i can’t differentiate between ni and si and i’m having a existential crisis bc i rely on these to know who i am ( the complexity of humans obviously can’t be put into types but it helps )
someone smart, pls help
Honestly you sound too smart to ever have to worry about what MBTI you fall under. the only other thing I can add is that perhaps what your peers recall is the extroverted version of yourself, you know, when we are in our chameleon phase. So suddenly you telling them you are the exact opposite of who they “know”, that could be why they seem to accuse you of wanting to be “special” or are falsely claiming the INFJ, as if it were an actual superpower or something for us.
And honestly, nothing special about feeling intense emotions over stuff, sure it’s amazing when we are truly happy but when we are sad, it’s brutal. Anyways, don’t worry about your peers, stop talking to them about the MBTI and let your actions naturally convince them or not. Who really cares at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: mintoots
Honestly you sound too smart to ever have to worry about what MBTI you fall under. the only other thing I can add is that perhaps what your peers recall is the extroverted version of yourself, you know, when we are in our chameleon phase. So suddenly you telling them you are the exact opposite of who they “know”, that could be why they seem to accuse you of wanting to be “special” or are falsely claiming the INFJ, as if it were an actual superpower or something for us.
And honestly, nothing special about feeling intense emotions over stuff, sure it’s amazing when we are truly happy but when we are sad, it’s brutal. Anyways, don’t worry about your peers, stop talking to them about the MBTI and let your actions naturally convince them or not. Who really cares at the end of the day.
thanks man and you’re right, people are more than their mbti at the end of the day so i’m not gna worry about what i am anymore :))

Reactions: Ren
@whenkafkawashere ---deeeep breath. If you keep testing as INFJ, and the cognitive functions match, stop sweating it. Just keep reading more on the cognitive aspects of type and see if the INFJ descriptions continue to describe you. If your friends get on your case you can always tell them female INTJs are actually the rarest according to the official MBTI test.

Reactions: Wyote and Kgal